|13-11-2014, 09:41 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Flash drive recommendations needed
Need to buy a flash drive sure to work on Konica Minolta copiers used at library. SanDisk does not, apparently due to some "U3" nonsense. Found that out the hard way by wasting $30 on one. Library staff is useless, as they cannot seem to find out just what works and what will not. Best idea they had was to just keep buying different flash drive brands til I "get lucky". Google doesn't seem to know which flash drives brands/models are not 'U3'. Any suggestions as to specific flash drives that are readily available in office supply stores, and are not 'U3'?
|14-11-2014, 01:00 PM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanked 431 Times in 375 Posts
Blog Entries: 9
Rep Power: 2486
Re: Flash drive recommendations needed
I agree, U3 is an infuriating pile of excrement. You can get rid of it though:
1) Plug in the flash drive.
2) Go to Start>search "Computer Management" and when it comes up, open it.
3) Go to "Disk Management" in the left-hand column of the Computer Management window.
4) Wait a few seconds while it loads.
5) You should now see a list of all the disks attached to your computer (internal and external); find the flash drive in the lower list.
6) It will have one or more partitions on it, coloured blue or black. Right-click>"Delete Volume" on each one. If it won't let you delete any of the partitions then I suggest using DBAN to clear the drive. Download it from this link then if you are uncertain about anything ask here or look online; one should never use DBAN without certainty.
7) Once it is clear, right-click on it>"New Volume" and go forth as the magical wizard tells you.
FX 4170 @4.8 w/H110
840 EVO 250GB
I aim to misbehave.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|External drive bay recommendations?||Jim||Apple Mac||10||26-11-2007 09:43 AM|
|USB flash memory source needed||wasted wanderer||Hardware||4||08-11-2007 07:00 AM|
|Computer Freezes when flash drive or external drive inserted in US||dunco01||Windows XP||5||31-10-2007 07:57 AM|
|Help/Recommendations needed for my pc||2007||Hardware||1||24-09-2007 01:45 PM|
|Flash.ocx needed to run a program||Sergio R||Windows Vista All||1||10-09-2007 03:14 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|