TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Hardware

PC turn on after shutdown

Hardware

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 26-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
Avelino Tavares
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
PC turn on after shutdown

I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
automatically.
I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
persist.
I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!

What can i do ?

Thanks.

Board MSI-P965 Neo-f
Intel Core 2 E2180



Sponsored Links
 
Unread 26-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
hannes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: PC turn on after shutdown

Avelino Tavares wrote:
> I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
> automatically.
> I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
> persist.
> I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!
>
> What can i do ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Board MSI-P965 Neo-f
> Intel Core 2 E2180
>
>


I would say it is a bios-problem...
 
Unread 26-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
Pen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: PC turn on after shutdown

Avelino Tavares wrote:
> I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
> automatically.
> I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
> persist.
> I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!
>
> What can i do ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Board MSI-P965 Neo-f
> Intel Core 2 E2180
>
>

Check the power supply output voltages. Particularly pin #16 power
on. This pin should be high, >2.0 volts. If it's low then the
motherboard is the culprit.
http://pinouts.ru/Power/btx_mbpower_pinout.shtml
 
Unread 26-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
Calab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: PC turn on after shutdown

> I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
> automatically.
> I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
> persist.
> I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!
>
> What can i do ?


BIOS is set to wake the PC up on some event... Usually a network card.

If it never actually turns off and just restarts every time, then I'd
suspect issues with the motherboard.

--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a great newsgroup reader that will filter out the flood of
newgroup spam?
Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!


 
Unread 26-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
Avelino Tavares
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: PC turn on after shutdown

I change the power supply with a new one, but the problem continue,
And what about if i update the bios for the last one ? It could result ??
"Calab" <myspam@csd.ca> escreveu na mensagem
news:kYl7k.20466$kx.10993@pd7urf3no...
>> I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
>> automatically.
>> I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
>> persist.
>> I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!
>>
>> What can i do ?

>
> BIOS is set to wake the PC up on some event... Usually a network card.
>
> If it never actually turns off and just restarts every time, then I'd
> suspect issues with the motherboard.
>
> --
> Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/
>
> Want a great newsgroup reader that will filter out the flood of newgroup
> spam?
> Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/
>
> If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!
>
>



 
Unread 26-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: PC turn on after shutdown

Avelino Tavares wrote:
> I change the power supply with a new one, but the problem continue,
> And what about if i update the bios for the last one ? It could result ??


A wake on LAN setting is another possible cause of a computer starting
on its own. Disconnect the LAN cable, then do a shutdown. Does
the computer now remain off ?

One Wake On LAN (WOL) feature, is effectively Wake On Activity. Which
means, the computer awakes, as soon as there is any activity on the
LAN port. You can try examining the properties of the LAN device in
Windows, and see what WOL options are offered, and "disable" the feature
to see if it makes a difference.

Paul

 
Unread 26-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
Avelino Tavares
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: PC turn on after shutdown

Sponsored Links
No, is not wol, i just test that.

"Paul" <nospam@needed.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:g3qslj$ung$1@registered.motzarella.org...
> Avelino Tavares wrote:
>> I change the power supply with a new one, but the problem continue,
>> And what about if i update the bios for the last one ? It could result ??

>
> A wake on LAN setting is another possible cause of a computer starting
> on its own. Disconnect the LAN cable, then do a shutdown. Does
> the computer now remain off ?
>
> One Wake On LAN (WOL) feature, is effectively Wake On Activity. Which
> means, the computer awakes, as soon as there is any activity on the
> LAN port. You can try examining the properties of the LAN device in
> Windows, and see what WOL options are offered, and "disable" the feature
> to see if it makes a difference.
>
> Paul
>




Sponsored Links
 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:14 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2016, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional