|26-06-2008, 08:48 AM||#1|
components for pc boards?
Could someone recommend a place to get parts for pc boards? I need a 2 pin
plug and a power adapter socket (for the board).
|26-06-2008, 08:48 AM||#2|
Re: components for pc boards?
> Could someone recommend a place to get parts for pc boards? I need a 2 pin
> plug and a power adapter socket (for the board).
Digikey, Mouser, and Newark, are three that come to mind.
Digikey has a >2000 page catalog, which you can download.
The catalog I have, is around 66MB in size.
The selection process is painful, but you'll find that
out soon enough. Picking connectors is not easy, even if
you can get information.
I expect you're looking for a barrel connector, but
the PCB land pattern for those, is going to be
different from one connector design to another.
To work an example, this is a barrel connector for a PCB.
It has a 1.65mm center pin. The outside contact area
has room for something 5.15mm in diameter. The matching
plug is 4.75/1.70mm, as the OD has to fit 5.15mm and
the ID of the plug has to be able to hold the 1.65mm
These are examples of plugs. There are all different sizes.
The CUI product above, equates to "Size C".
* Size A: 2.35 mm OD ◊ 0.70 mm ID (EIAJ-01 for up to 3.15 V; yellow ring RS #273-1704)
* Size B: 4.00 mm OD ◊ 1.70 mm ID (EIAJ-02 for 3.15Ė6.3 V; yellow ringóRS #273-1705)
* Size C: 4.75 mm OD ◊ 1.70 mm ID (EIAJ-03 for 6.3-10.5 V; yellow ringóRS #273-1706)
* Size D: 5.50 mm OD ◊ 3.30 mm ID with 1.0 mm pin (EIAJ-04 for 10.5-13.5 V; yellow ring RS #273-1707)
* Size E: 2.50 mm (3/32"2.5 mm) submini plug (black ringóRS #273-1708)
* Size F: 3.50 mm (1/8"/3.5 mm) mini plug (black ring RS #273-1709)
* Size G: 3.00 mm OD ◊ 1.10 mm ID (Turquoise ringóRS # 273-1710)
* Size H: 3.40 mm OD ◊ 1.30 mm ID (Orange ring RS #273-1711)
* Size I: 3.80 mm OD ◊ 1.10 mm ID (Pink ringóRS #273-1712)
* Size J: 5.00 mm OD ◊ 1.50 mm ID (Red ringóRS #273-1713)
* Size K: 5.00 mm OD ◊ 2.10 mm ID (Purple ringóRS #273-1714)
* Size L: 5.00 mm OD ◊ 2.50 mm ID (Dark Green ringóRS #273-1715)
* Size M: 5.50 mm OD ◊ 2.10 mm ID (Navy ringóRS #273-1716)
* Size N: 5.50 mm OD ◊ 2.50 mm ID (White ringóRS #273-1717)
* Size O: 5.50 mm OD ◊ 2.80 mm ID (Brown ringóRS #273-1718)
* Size P: 5.50 mm OD ◊ 3.80 mm ID with 1.80 mm pin (no specified coloróRS #273-1719)
* Size Q: 6.30 mm OD ◊ 3.00 mm ID (Yellow-Green ringóRS #273-1720)
* Size R: 6.90 mm OD ◊ 4.20 mm ID with 0.70 mm pin (no specified coloróRS #273-1721)
* Size S: 5.50 mm OD ◊ 1.50 mm ID with 1.80 mm pin (Gray ringóRS #273-1722)
* Size T: 6.50 mm OD ◊ 4.30 mm ID with 1.40 mm pin (EIAJ-05 for 13.5-18.0 V; yellow ringóRS #273-1723)
* Size U: 6.50 mm OD ◊ 4.10 mm/3.10 mm ID with 1.00 mm pin (Light-Yellow ringóRS #273-1724)
This is the Digikey entry for that connector.
This is the "Size C" plug for it.
Two pages from the catalog.
|New To Site?||Need Help?|