TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Internet Explorer

Odd Mouse Pointer Problem

Internet Explorer

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 14-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
Nate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Odd Mouse Pointer Problem

This started today I think - In Internet Explorer, my mouse always shows up
as a little hand where I can "grab" the page and pull it up or down. Not
only is this feature completely useless, it also completely inhibits the
ability to copy text. Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have a
solution?
 
Unread 14-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
PA Bear [MS MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Odd Mouse Pointer Problem

Is the page displaying a PDF file?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Nate wrote:
> This started today I think - In Internet Explorer, my mouse always shows
> up
> as a little hand where I can "grab" the page and pull it up or down. Not
> only is this feature completely useless, it also completely inhibits the
> ability to copy text. Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have a
> solution?


 
Unread 14-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Nate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Odd Mouse Pointer Problem

No. No PDF. Go to Wikipedia.org, for example, and search "Computer Mouse."
I can't highlight any of the text. I just get a hand grab.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is the page displaying a PDF file?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Nate wrote:
> > This started today I think - In Internet Explorer, my mouse always shows
> > up
> > as a little hand where I can "grab" the page and pull it up or down. Not
> > only is this feature completely useless, it also completely inhibits the
> > ability to copy text. Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have a
> > solution?

>
>

 
Unread 14-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #4
Nate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Odd Mouse Pointer Problem

Ah-ha! Just figured it out. There's a "panning hand" button right next to
the home button. Must have inadvertantly hit it at some time. Sorry for the
bother.

"Nate" wrote:

> This started today I think - In Internet Explorer, my mouse always shows up
> as a little hand where I can "grab" the page and pull it up or down. Not
> only is this feature completely useless, it also completely inhibits the
> ability to copy text. Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have a
> solution?

 
Unread 14-01-2008, 07:33 AM   #5
PA Bear [MS MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Odd Mouse Pointer Problem

There's no "panning hand" button right next to the home button in my IE7,
sorry.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

"Nate" <Nate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ah-ha! Just figured it out. There's a "panning hand" button right next
> to
> the home button. Must have inadvertantly hit it at some time. Sorry for
> the
> bother.
>
> "Nate" wrote:
>> This started today I think - In Internet Explorer, my mouse always shows
>> up
>> as a little hand where I can "grab" the page and pull it up or down. Not
>> only is this feature completely useless, it also completely inhibits the
>> ability to copy text. Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have a
>> solution?


 
Unread 25-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #6
Heinz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Odd Mouse Pointer Problem

I have the exact same problem. Can't figure it out! tried to search for
answer but got none. My mouse is just a hand and i can move the webpage
around but i can't copy text for exampel.. what do i do?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> There's no "panning hand" button right next to the home button in my IE7,
> sorry.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> "Nate" <Nate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ah-ha! Just figured it out. There's a "panning hand" button right next
> > to
> > the home button. Must have inadvertantly hit it at some time. Sorry for
> > the
> > bother.
> >
> > "Nate" wrote:
> >> This started today I think - In Internet Explorer, my mouse always shows
> >> up
> >> as a little hand where I can "grab" the page and pull it up or down. Not
> >> only is this feature completely useless, it also completely inhibits the
> >> ability to copy text. Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have a
> >> solution?

>
>

 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional