TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Internet Explorer

Erratic Scroll Wheel Behavior

Internet Explorer

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 28-03-2008, 03:22 AM   #1
Brad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Erratic Scroll Wheel Behavior

I can't figure out a specific pattern, but I often get erratic behavior when
using my scroll wheel to scroll up and down in a page. I'll scroll down, but
the page will keep popping back to the top. I keep scrolling down and it
keeps popping back up. It does it as I scroll, not after I'm done. Meaning
it's a constant flicker while I'm scrolling. Please fix this!

I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
 
Unread 28-03-2008, 04:23 AM   #2
Rafael R. [Live Butterfly]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Erratic Scroll Wheel Behavior

Hi Brad,

This problem has already been documented by a technical beta user and
many other testers. Microsoft has also acknowledged they're tracking
this bug internally.

Visit the links below to vote on/validate the bugs:

https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/fee...dbackID=331925
https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/fee...dbackID=332286

- Rafael

Brad wrote:
> I can't figure out a specific pattern, but I often get erratic behavior when
> using my scroll wheel to scroll up and down in a page. I'll scroll down, but
> the page will keep popping back to the top. I keep scrolling down and it
> keeps popping back up. It does it as I scroll, not after I'm done. Meaning
> it's a constant flicker while I'm scrolling. Please fix this!
>
> I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

 
Unread 31-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #3
mpb926
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Erratic Scroll Wheel Behavior

Rafael, those pages are protected.

I've noticed this too when the pointer encouters an anchor tag.


"Rafael R. [Live Butterfly]" wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> This problem has already been documented by a technical beta user and
> many other testers. Microsoft has also acknowledged they're tracking
> this bug internally.
>
> Visit the links below to vote on/validate the bugs:
>
> https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/fee...dbackID=331925
> https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/fee...dbackID=332286
>
> - Rafael
>
> Brad wrote:
> > I can't figure out a specific pattern, but I often get erratic behavior when
> > using my scroll wheel to scroll up and down in a page. I'll scroll down, but
> > the page will keep popping back to the top. I keep scrolling down and it
> > keeps popping back up. It does it as I scroll, not after I'm done. Meaning
> > it's a constant flicker while I'm scrolling. Please fix this!
> >
> > I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

>

 
Unread 31-03-2008, 06:25 AM   #4
Rafael R. [Live Butterfly]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Erratic Scroll Wheel Behavior

You have to sign up for the program on Connect, then they should work.

- Rafael

mpb926 wrote:
> Rafael, those pages are protected.

 
Unread 31-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
huwyngr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Erratic Scroll Wheel Behavior

In article <uKidXCvkIHA.5080@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Rafael R. [Live
Butterfly] wrote:

> You have to sign up for the program on Connect, then they should work.


They do <s>

 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional