TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Internet Explorer

Bank of America: Problems with "RECONCILE" Feature

Internet Explorer

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 14-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
cyberchick775
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Bank of America: Problems with "RECONCILE" Feature

Hoping that someone might have a solution on how to remedy this problem. Here
it is in a nutshell (or maybe something a bit larger - will do my best to
keep it brief)...

Have Windows XP SP2 and am running IE7. I access and login to my BofA site
and when I go to 'reconcile' a transaction (basically click on a letter 'C'
for cleared, to change to an 'R'), my page refreshes and no changes are
accepted.

I contacted BofA and spent nearly 1 1/2 hours on the phone following
troubleshooting steps and tricks. Eventually they confirmed that it wasn't
anything on their end (BIG SURPRISE) and that I should reach out to Microsoft
for further assistance.

One notable mention - I downloaded and installed Netscape Navigator 9
(current version), accessed my account and had absolutely no problem
whatsoever with changing the "C" to and "R" to reconcile transactions.
However, I don't use Netscape and prefer to be on IE7.

Not sure why this problem happened out of the blue, but would love any help
that anyone might be able to provide.

Thank you. :-)
 
Unread 16-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
Robert Aldwinckle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bank of America: Problems with "RECONCILE" Feature

"cyberchick775" <cyberchick775@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:37195E8F-DFA2-4A43-9D93-C36B70B7B167@microsoft.com...
> Hoping that someone might have a solution on how to remedy this problem. Here
> it is in a nutshell (or maybe something a bit larger - will do my best to
> keep it brief)...
>
> Have Windows XP SP2 and am running IE7. I access and login to my BofA site
> and when I go to 'reconcile' a transaction (basically click on a letter 'C'
> for cleared, to change to an 'R'), my page refreshes and no changes are
> accepted.
>
> I contacted BofA and spent nearly 1 1/2 hours on the phone following
> troubleshooting steps and tricks.



Such as? Do you have a transcript of that session?


> Eventually they confirmed that it wasn't anything on their end



In particular it could be very useful knowing the final result
which led them to that conclusion.


> (BIG SURPRISE) and that I should reach out to Microsoft
> for further assistance.
>
> One notable mention - I downloaded and installed Netscape Navigator 9
> (current version), accessed my account and had absolutely no problem
> whatsoever with changing the "C" to and "R" to reconcile transactions.
> However, I don't use Netscape and prefer to be on IE7.
>
> Not sure why this problem happened out of the blue, but would love any help
> that anyone might be able to provide.



How technical are you? With your "handle" I suspect you might be willing
to try some diagnosis? <eg>

Since you have two cases with different symptoms for the same scenario
it is a perfect chance to do some tracing and compare two traces, even if
you don't really understand what each trace shows you. ; )

The first tool you could try for doing that would be Fiddler2.
Unfortunately the protocol involved is going to be https instead of http
so you won't be able to see exactly what each browser is receiving
but you would at least be able to see where the two sequences of requests
and responses diverged. Also, because Fiddler2 is "in the middle"
of the transactions between your bank and IE the certificate that IE will see
will appear invalid. However, as long as you're aware of that, it is simple
enough to let IE continue as if it was valid.


>
> Thank you. :-)



Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---


 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bank of America: Problems with "RECONCILE" Feature cyberchick775 Internet Explorer 0 14-09-2007 06:34 PM
Bank of America: Problems with "RECONCILE" Feature cyberchick775 Internet Explorer 0 14-09-2007 06:34 PM
Bank of America: Problems with "RECONCILE" Feature cyberchick775 Internet Explorer 0 14-09-2007 06:32 PM
Bank of America: Problems with "RECONCILE" Feature cyberchick775 Internet Explorer 0 14-09-2007 06:28 PM
Bank of America: Problems with "RECONCILE" Feature cyberchick775 Internet Explorer 0 14-09-2007 06:07 PM


< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional