TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Design Gallery

How do I download Microsoft Office template and Media Control?

Microsoft Design Gallery

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 28-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
IBHIPRU
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
How do I download Microsoft Office template and Media Control?

I also can't download Microsoft Picture Story 3

Problem appears to revolve around ActiveX.

I satisfy all Microsoft requirements, i.e., Administrator Status, Explorer
6.0, and my Internet Zone Security settings are set on "Medium"
 
Unread 28-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
Mary Sauer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How do I download Microsoft Office template and Media Control?

If you are running Microsoft Windows« XP with Service Pack 2, it is possible to
disable or enable ActiveX controls by using the Manage Add-ins command on the Tools
menu in Internet Explorer.

The Microsoft Office Template and Media Control may have been disabled. If so, you
cannot automatically download clip art and media or templates on Office Online, or do
practice sessions in online training courses on Office Online. To enable the control:

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
Select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the list of controls.

If you do not see that control listed, click the arrow on the Show box at the top of
the Manage Add-ons dialog box, and then select Add-ons that have been used by
Internet Explorer. Then select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the
list of controls.

Under Settings, click Enable. You may see a message saying that you need to restart
Internet Explorer for the change to take effect. Click OK, and then click OK again.

The Internet zone security levels on your computer must be set to Medium, or if your
Internet zone security levels are set to High, the Microsoft Office Online Web site
must be listed on your computer as a trusted site.
To add the Microsoft Office Online Web site to your list of trusted sites:
On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the
Security tab.
Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click Sites.
Clear the Require server verification (https for all sites in this zone check box.
In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type http://office.microsoft.com, and then
click Add.
Click OK twice.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"IBHIPRU" <IBHIPRU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3FF45ED0-1B53-46FA-B13A-D08D0BCC1B28@microsoft.com...
>I also can't download Microsoft Picture Story 3
>
> Problem appears to revolve around ActiveX.
>
> I satisfy all Microsoft requirements, i.e., Administrator Status, Explorer
> 6.0, and my Internet Zone Security settings are set on "Medium"



 
Unread 28-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
IBHIPRU
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How do I download Microsoft Office template and Media Control?

I followed these instructions and found that Microsoft Office Template and
Media Control is not on the list of add ons that have been used by Internet
Explorer. Thus, it is impossible to enable something that is not there. I
believe there may be a problem with my system not accepting active X as I
have had a similar problem downloading Photo Story 3 which also requires
ActiveX. Any other ideas?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you are running Microsoft Windows® XP with Service Pack 2, it is possible to
> disable or enable ActiveX controls by using the Manage Add-ins command on the Tools
> menu in Internet Explorer.
>
> The Microsoft Office Template and Media Control may have been disabled. If so, you
> cannot automatically download clip art and media or templates on Office Online, or do
> practice sessions in online training courses on Office Online. To enable the control:
>
> In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
> Select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the list of controls.
>
> If you do not see that control listed, click the arrow on the Show box at the top of
> the Manage Add-ons dialog box, and then select Add-ons that have been used by
> Internet Explorer. Then select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the
> list of controls.
>
> Under Settings, click Enable. You may see a message saying that you need to restart
> Internet Explorer for the change to take effect. Click OK, and then click OK again.
>
> The Internet zone security levels on your computer must be set to Medium, or if your
> Internet zone security levels are set to High, the Microsoft Office Online Web site
> must be listed on your computer as a trusted site.
> To add the Microsoft Office Online Web site to your list of trusted sites:
> On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the
> Security tab.
> Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click Sites.
> Clear the Require server verification (https for all sites in this zone check box.
> In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type http://office.microsoft.com, and then
> click Add.
> Click OK twice.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "IBHIPRU" <IBHIPRU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3FF45ED0-1B53-46FA-B13A-D08D0BCC1B28@microsoft.com...
> >I also can't download Microsoft Picture Story 3
> >
> > Problem appears to revolve around ActiveX.
> >
> > I satisfy all Microsoft requirements, i.e., Administrator Status, Explorer
> > 6.0, and my Internet Zone Security settings are set on "Medium"

>
>
>

 
Unread 28-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
Mary Sauer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How do I download Microsoft Office template and Media Control?

It could be helpful to delete the Office cookie and start here:

http://office.microsoft.com/template...omArea=Clipart

Did you put Office in your trusted sites?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"IBHIPRU" <IBHIPRU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4A28DEB0-88DA-4A36-BC84-830046F42122@microsoft.com...
>I followed these instructions and found that Microsoft Office Template and
> Media Control is not on the list of add ons that have been used by Internet
> Explorer. Thus, it is impossible to enable something that is not there. I
> believe there may be a problem with my system not accepting active X as I
> have had a similar problem downloading Photo Story 3 which also requires
> ActiveX. Any other ideas?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you are running Microsoft Windows« XP with Service Pack 2, it is possible to
>> disable or enable ActiveX controls by using the Manage Add-ins command on the
>> Tools
>> menu in Internet Explorer.
>>
>> The Microsoft Office Template and Media Control may have been disabled. If so, you
>> cannot automatically download clip art and media or templates on Office Online, or
>> do
>> practice sessions in online training courses on Office Online. To enable the
>> control:
>>
>> In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
>> Select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the list of controls.
>>
>> If you do not see that control listed, click the arrow on the Show box at the top
>> of
>> the Manage Add-ons dialog box, and then select Add-ons that have been used by
>> Internet Explorer. Then select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the
>> list of controls.
>>
>> Under Settings, click Enable. You may see a message saying that you need to
>> restart
>> Internet Explorer for the change to take effect. Click OK, and then click OK
>> again.
>>
>> The Internet zone security levels on your computer must be set to Medium, or if
>> your
>> Internet zone security levels are set to High, the Microsoft Office Online Web
>> site
>> must be listed on your computer as a trusted site.
>> To add the Microsoft Office Online Web site to your list of trusted sites:
>> On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the
>> Security tab.
>> Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click Sites.
>> Clear the Require server verification (https for all sites in this zone check
>> box.
>> In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type http://office.microsoft.com, and
>> then
>> click Add.
>> Click OK twice.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "IBHIPRU" <IBHIPRU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:3FF45ED0-1B53-46FA-B13A-D08D0BCC1B28@microsoft.com...
>> >I also can't download Microsoft Picture Story 3
>> >
>> > Problem appears to revolve around ActiveX.
>> >
>> > I satisfy all Microsoft requirements, i.e., Administrator Status, Explorer
>> > 6.0, and my Internet Zone Security settings are set on "Medium"

>>
>>
>>



 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional