TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Powerpoint

demote the selected item one level

Microsoft Office Powerpoint

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-12-2007, 01:49 AM   #1
inquizative person
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
demote the selected item one level

How do I demote the selected item one level? Thank you
 
Unread 09-12-2007, 04:06 AM   #2
Steve Rindsberg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: demote the selected item one level

In article <C81FE925-14C4-41C0-8916-11EAB4954C38@microsoft.com>, Inquizative
person wrote:
> How do I demote the selected item one level? Thank you


Where have you selected the item?

In most cases, if you have the cursor at the beginning of a paragraph in a text
placeholder, you can press tab. For text boxes that aren't placeholders, it's
a little goofy. The trick there is to use the indent buttons on the Outlining
toolbar.

If it's not visible, choose View, Toolbars, and put a check next to Outlining.

This is also the answer to your other question. If you click the A/A button at
the right end of the Outlining toolbar, it makes the text in both the outline
and Notes pane flip between formatted and not.



-----------------------------------------
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com
================================================


 
Unread 21-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Jennie James
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: demote the selected item one level

How do use the demote and promote in PowerPoint 2007 as I am not able to find
it
Regards Jennie

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <C81FE925-14C4-41C0-8916-11EAB4954C38@microsoft.com>, Inquizative
> person wrote:
> > How do I demote the selected item one level? Thank you

>
> Where have you selected the item?
>
> In most cases, if you have the cursor at the beginning of a paragraph in a text
> placeholder, you can press tab. For text boxes that aren't placeholders, it's
> a little goofy. The trick there is to use the indent buttons on the Outlining
> toolbar.
>
> If it's not visible, choose View, Toolbars, and put a check next to Outlining.
>
> This is also the answer to your other question. If you click the A/A button at
> the right end of the Outlining toolbar, it makes the text in both the outline
> and Notes pane flip between formatted and not.
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------
> Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
> PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
> PPTools: www.pptools.com
> ================================================
>
>
>

 
Unread 22-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
Luc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: demote the selected item one level

Jennie,
The promote and demote buttons are in the Home tab, paragraph group. Or just
use the tab-key to promote and shift+tab key to demote from your keyboard.
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"Jennie James" <Jennie James@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
news58D30D3-67A4-4980-BA3F-352B19BDE1E4@microsoft.com...
> How do use the demote and promote in PowerPoint 2007 as I am not able to
> find
> it
> Regards Jennie
>
> "Steve Rindsberg" wrote:
>
>> In article <C81FE925-14C4-41C0-8916-11EAB4954C38@microsoft.com>,
>> Inquizative
>> person wrote:
>> > How do I demote the selected item one level? Thank you

>>
>> Where have you selected the item?
>>
>> In most cases, if you have the cursor at the beginning of a paragraph in
>> a text
>> placeholder, you can press tab. For text boxes that aren't placeholders,
>> it's
>> a little goofy. The trick there is to use the indent buttons on the
>> Outlining
>> toolbar.
>>
>> If it's not visible, choose View, Toolbars, and put a check next to
>> Outlining.
>>
>> This is also the answer to your other question. If you click the A/A
>> button at
>> the right end of the Outlining toolbar, it makes the text in both the
>> outline
>> and Notes pane flip between formatted and not.
>>
>>
>>
>> -----------------------------------------
>> Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
>> PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
>> PPTools: www.pptools.com
>> ================================================
>>
>>
>>



 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54 AM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional