TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Publisher

Importing .pdf file into Publisher

Microsoft Office Publisher

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 17-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
MadDog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Importing .pdf file into Publisher

I've seen the articles here about Publisher not being able to directly import
a .pdf file. I downloaded GhostScript and converted my file to .png.

So, now that I have this, I'm not seeing a File > "Import" command. I'm not
sure which Insert option to use or if this is the right way to get it into
Publisher (2007). If I Insert > Object, I get a bad case of the jaggies when
it prints, and also, the original image size is lost (business card).

Any help on how I can get my .pdf business card into Publisher so I can
print it would be greatly appreciated.
 
Unread 17-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Mary Sauer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Importing .pdf file into Publisher

What happens when you insert, picture and browse to the .png?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"MadDog" <MadDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:22BE6DF1-F937-4B59-983F-E29AC58506BD@microsoft.com...
> I've seen the articles here about Publisher not being able to directly import
> a .pdf file. I downloaded GhostScript and converted my file to .png.
>
> So, now that I have this, I'm not seeing a File > "Import" command. I'm not
> sure which Insert option to use or if this is the right way to get it into
> Publisher (2007). If I Insert > Object, I get a bad case of the jaggies when
> it prints, and also, the original image size is lost (business card).
>
> Any help on how I can get my .pdf business card into Publisher so I can
> print it would be greatly appreciated.



 
Unread 17-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
MadDog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Importing .pdf file into Publisher

My biz card document (3.5"x2") winds up being a full page (8.5"x11") image,
not cropped to the actual size.

It's very frustrating expecially seeing how the person who created this for
me (on a Mac) was able to do this so effortlessly. I just can't get this
figured out.

Thanks.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What happens when you insert, picture and browse to the .png?


 
Unread 17-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Mary Sauer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Importing .pdf file into Publisher

Can you send the PDF to me or the .png, I'll give it a go... Can you reconstruct
the card?

mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"MadDog" <MadDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:16587F52-B232-4224-B932-5AFF03BD2A7B@microsoft.com...
> My biz card document (3.5"x2") winds up being a full page (8.5"x11") image,
> not cropped to the actual size.
>
> It's very frustrating expecially seeing how the person who created this for
> me (on a Mac) was able to do this so effortlessly. I just can't get this
> figured out.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What happens when you insert, picture and browse to the .png?

>



 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 AM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional