TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Word

2007 Compatibility Mode

Microsoft Office Word

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 24-10-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
Coco212
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
2007 Compatibility Mode

How do I turn off compatibility mode? I created the document in MS Word 2003
but then resaved the document in MS Word 2007 and then renamed it and resaved
it again in MS Word 2007 but it still says compatibilty mode and when I tried
to do something (can't recall now what it was...) it said that the feature
was limited because I was in compatibility mode..how do I get it out of
compatibility mode?
Thanks,
Synthia
 
Unread 24-10-2007, 03:27 AM   #2
Jay Freedman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2007 Compatibility Mode

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:59:00 -0700, Coco212
<Coco212@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I turn off compatibility mode? I created the document in MS Word 2003
>but then resaved the document in MS Word 2007 and then renamed it and resaved
>it again in MS Word 2007 but it still says compatibilty mode and when I tried
>to do something (can't recall now what it was...) it said that the feature
>was limited because I was in compatibility mode..how do I get it out of
>compatibility mode?
>Thanks,
>Synthia


Open the document in Word 2007. Then click the Office button and
choose Convert. When that finishes, the document won't be in
compatibility mode any more. Then you can save it as a .docx (Word
2007 format) file.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
 
Unread 24-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
kermor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2007 Compatibility Mode

Hello, most of people I deal with are still under MSO 2003... They can't read
my doc 2007 version... How can I be compatible automatically with every one
without doing any manipulation every time I use and a word doc 2007, thanks.
--
brittany


"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:59:00 -0700, Coco212
> <Coco212@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >How do I turn off compatibility mode? I created the document in MS Word 2003
> >but then resaved the document in MS Word 2007 and then renamed it and resaved
> >it again in MS Word 2007 but it still says compatibilty mode and when I tried
> >to do something (can't recall now what it was...) it said that the feature
> >was limited because I was in compatibility mode..how do I get it out of
> >compatibility mode?
> >Thanks,
> >Synthia

>
> Open the document in Word 2007. Then click the Office button and
> choose Convert. When that finishes, the document won't be in
> compatibility mode any more. Then you can save it as a .docx (Word
> 2007 format) file.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>

 
Unread 24-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Jay Freedman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2007 Compatibility Mode

Click the Office button, click the Word Options button at the bottom of the
menu, select Save on the left side, and set the "Save files in this format"
dropdown to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)".

kermor wrote:
> Hello, most of people I deal with are still under MSO 2003... They
> can't read my doc 2007 version... How can I be compatible
> automatically with every one without doing any manipulation every
> time I use and a word doc 2007, thanks.
>
>> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:59:00 -0700, Coco212
>> <Coco212@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I turn off compatibility mode? I created the document in MS
>>> Word 2003 but then resaved the document in MS Word 2007 and then
>>> renamed it and resaved it again in MS Word 2007 but it still says
>>> compatibilty mode and when I tried to do something (can't recall
>>> now what it was...) it said that the feature was limited because I
>>> was in compatibility mode..how do I get it out of compatibility
>>> mode?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Synthia

>>
>> Open the document in Word 2007. Then click the Office button and
>> choose Convert. When that finishes, the document won't be in
>> compatibility mode any more. Then you can save it as a .docx (Word
>> 2007 format) file.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> newsgroup so all may benefit.



 
Unread 24-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
kermor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2007 Compatibility Mode

Many thanks...

As you understood, I am running MSO 2007... To be quite honest I totally
dislike the new configuration of the menu…. I don’t see the logic behind
that... takes too long to find what you are looking for, not easy to remember
and very confusing… Is there any way to move this Menu 2007 to the 2003
style? Every time, I opening up a new document, I'm on one set layout... I
don't the different layout page we used to have. Where are they?
--
brittany


"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> Click the Office button, click the Word Options button at the bottom of the
> menu, select Save on the left side, and set the "Save files in this format"
> dropdown to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)".
>
> kermor wrote:
> > Hello, most of people I deal with are still under MSO 2003... They
> > can't read my doc 2007 version... How can I be compatible
> > automatically with every one without doing any manipulation every
> > time I use and a word doc 2007, thanks.
> >
> >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:59:00 -0700, Coco212
> >> <Coco212@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> How do I turn off compatibility mode? I created the document in MS
> >>> Word 2003 but then resaved the document in MS Word 2007 and then
> >>> renamed it and resaved it again in MS Word 2007 but it still says
> >>> compatibilty mode and when I tried to do something (can't recall
> >>> now what it was...) it said that the feature was limited because I
> >>> was in compatibility mode..how do I get it out of compatibility
> >>> mode?
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Synthia
> >>
> >> Open the document in Word 2007. Then click the Office button and
> >> choose Convert. When that finishes, the document won't be in
> >> compatibility mode any more. Then you can save it as a .docx (Word
> >> 2007 format) file.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Jay Freedman
> >> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> >> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> >> newsgroup so all may benefit.

>
>
>

 
Unread 24-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
Jay Freedman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2007 Compatibility Mode

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:36:03 -0700, kermor
<kermor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Many thanks...
>
>As you understood, I am running MSO 2007... To be quite honest I totally
>dislike the new configuration of the menu. I dont see the logic behind
>that... takes too long to find what you are looking for, not easy to remember
>and very confusing Is there any way to move this Menu 2007 to the 2003
>style? Every time, I opening up a new document, I'm on one set layout... I
>don't the different layout page we used to have. Where are they?


There are a couple of different issues here.

There's no way to truly go back to the 2003 layout, but there are some
things you can do. Here's a review of two add-ins that go part of the
way: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...mizeRibbon.htm

If you still have the installation disk for Word 2003, you can run
both versions side by side, as described at
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...03-coexisting/

If you just want to find the other templates (what you called a
"different layout page"), click the Office button, click New to get
the New Document dialog, and click "My Templates" or any of the other
categories along the left side.

Or, if you'd rather use the File > New dialog from Word 2003, you can
get that: Click the down arrow at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar
and choose More Commands. In the dialog, set the category to Commands
Not In The Ribbon. Scroll down and select the command New Document Or
Template, and click the Add button to send it over to the right-hand
list. You can use the up and down buttons next to the list to change
the command's position. Click OK, and the icon (a white page) will
appear on the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional