TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Word

How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

Microsoft Office Word

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 25-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
SARAH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

I'm trying to put the 2 dots over the "u" in the work Zurich. Can anyone
help. I've done it before but can't remember how I did it.
Thanks!!
 
Unread 25-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
JoAnn Paules
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

I would copy it from the character map and paste it into the doucment.
(There are other ways but for me, this is the fastest.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375


"SARAH" <SARAH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:751FF531-7EEF-46C2-B129-0C456BD051C9@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to put the 2 dots over the "u" in the work Zurich. Can anyone
> help. I've done it before but can't remember how I did it.
> Thanks!!



 
Unread 25-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Nigel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
RE: How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

Hold down the Alt key whilst entering the numbers 129 and you will get ü - a
u with an umlaut, which is what you need. If you forget in the future, you
can refer to http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html for a
reference chart.

The ü can also be substituted by 'ue' if you're desperate.



"SARAH" wrote:

> I'm trying to put the 2 dots over the "u" in the work Zurich. Can anyone
> help. I've done it before but can't remember how I did it.
> Thanks!!

 
Unread 25-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
SARAH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

I don't know where to find the Character Map?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> I would copy it from the character map and paste it into the doucment.
> (There are other ways but for me, this is the fastest.)
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
>
> "SARAH" <SARAH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:751FF531-7EEF-46C2-B129-0C456BD051C9@microsoft.com...
> > I'm trying to put the 2 dots over the "u" in the work Zurich. Can anyone
> > help. I've done it before but can't remember how I did it.
> > Thanks!!

>
>
>

 
Unread 25-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
SARAH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
RE: How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

Thanks! I knew there was a way!

"Nigel" wrote:

> Hold down the Alt key whilst entering the numbers 129 and you will get ü - a
> u with an umlaut, which is what you need. If you forget in the future, you
> can refer to http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html for a
> reference chart.
>
> The ü can also be substituted by 'ue' if you're desperate.
>
>
>
> "SARAH" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to put the 2 dots over the "u" in the work Zurich. Can anyone
> > help. I've done it before but can't remember how I did it.
> > Thanks!!

 
Unread 25-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
JoAnn Paules
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

Start - Run - type in charmap and hit enter ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375


"SARAH" <SARAH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6DC596C4-6C48-44DE-88B0-8C780E62BFE8@microsoft.com...
>I don't know where to find the Character Map?
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> I would copy it from the character map and paste it into the doucment.
>> (There are other ways but for me, this is the fastest.)
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>
>>
>> "SARAH" <SARAH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:751FF531-7EEF-46C2-B129-0C456BD051C9@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm trying to put the 2 dots over the "u" in the work Zurich. Can
>> > anyone
>> > help. I've done it before but can't remember how I did it.
>> > Thanks!!

>>
>>
>>



 
Unread 26-10-2007, 02:00 AM   #7
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

Press Ctrl+Shift+Semicolon (that is, Ctrl+Colon), all at the same time;
release, then type u.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"SARAH" <SARAH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:751FF531-7EEF-46C2-B129-0C456BD051C9@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to put the 2 dots over the "u" in the work Zurich. Can anyone
> help. I've done it before but can't remember how I did it.
> Thanks!!


 
Unread 26-10-2007, 05:59 AM   #8
Graham Mayor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How do I type the word Zurich with the two dots over the u?

Type ALT+0252 (from the numeric keypad) for lower case ü
or ALT+0220 for upper case.Ü
or use Insert > Symbol and select the character.
Save Zürich as an autocorrect entry for Zurich
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

SARAH wrote:
> I'm trying to put the 2 dots over the "u" in the work Zurich. Can
> anyone help. I've done it before but can't remember how I did it.
> Thanks!!

 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional