TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Word

header and footer template issue

Microsoft Office Word

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 20-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
Lenny
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
header and footer template issue

Hi,
I would like to produce a template in Word with our logo and address in the
right hand corner and some other logos and information right across the
bottom on the page. I can do this with headers and footers but I then can't
start the letter on the left hand side above the bottom of the header. I
want to be able to put a ref number etc towards the top of the page.

Another issue I am unable to work out and would appreciate some help with
is- I would like the headed paper template to be used on the first sheet but
no other pages after that.

The reasons behind this is I want to be able to send PDF documents to
clients that look just like our printed headed paper. Ideally I would also
like to be able to print the document on some actual headed paper too so the
background headings wouldn't print on a normal printer. Is this possible?

I am using Word 2003



 
Unread 20-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: header and footer template issue

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for solutions to at
least some of your problems.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

"Lenny" <lenny@thetakeout.com> wrote in message
news:R66dnTkI4-EVPiHanZ2dnUVZ8tKsnZ2d@pipex.net...
> Hi,
> I would like to produce a template in Word with our logo and address in
> the
> right hand corner and some other logos and information right across the
> bottom on the page. I can do this with headers and footers but I then
> can't
> start the letter on the left hand side above the bottom of the header. I
> want to be able to put a ref number etc towards the top of the page.
>
> Another issue I am unable to work out and would appreciate some help with
> is- I would like the headed paper template to be used on the first sheet
> but
> no other pages after that.
>
> The reasons behind this is I want to be able to send PDF documents to
> clients that look just like our printed headed paper. Ideally I would also
> like to be able to print the document on some actual headed paper too so
> the
> background headings wouldn't print on a normal printer. Is this possible?
>
> I am using Word 2003
>
>
>
>



 
Unread 20-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
Lenny
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: header and footer template issue

Thanks Suzanne, your page will come in very handy.

I am still stuck on the main problem though and that is typing directly left
of a Right Sided letter head.


"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:OF7LvIBdIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for solutions to at
> least some of your problems.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>
> "Lenny" <lenny@thetakeout.com> wrote in message
> news:R66dnTkI4-EVPiHanZ2dnUVZ8tKsnZ2d@pipex.net...
>> Hi,
>> I would like to produce a template in Word with our logo and address in
>> the
>> right hand corner and some other logos and information right across the
>> bottom on the page. I can do this with headers and footers but I then
>> can't
>> start the letter on the left hand side above the bottom of the header. I
>> want to be able to put a ref number etc towards the top of the page.
>>
>> Another issue I am unable to work out and would appreciate some help with
>> is- I would like the headed paper template to be used on the first sheet
>> but
>> no other pages after that.
>>
>> The reasons behind this is I want to be able to send PDF documents to
>> clients that look just like our printed headed paper. Ideally I would
>> also
>> like to be able to print the document on some actual headed paper too so
>> the
>> background headings wouldn't print on a normal printer. Is this possible?
>>
>> I am using Word 2003
>>
>>
>>
>>

>
>



 
Unread 21-02-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: header and footer template issue

You could insert a floating text box. Or, if the letterhead is just on the
right, you could put it in a text box anchored to the header, with the top
margin set quite high (level with the header margin?), allowing the document
text to start even with the letterhead.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

"Lenny" <lenny@thetakeout.com> wrote in message
news:9IqdnctEd4trMiHanZ2dnUVZ8uydnZ2d@pipex.net...
> Thanks Suzanne, your page will come in very handy.
>
> I am still stuck on the main problem though and that is typing directly
> left of a Right Sided letter head.
>
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:OF7LvIBdIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for solutions to at
>> least some of your problems.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>
>> "Lenny" <lenny@thetakeout.com> wrote in message
>> news:R66dnTkI4-EVPiHanZ2dnUVZ8tKsnZ2d@pipex.net...
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to produce a template in Word with our logo and address in
>>> the
>>> right hand corner and some other logos and information right across the
>>> bottom on the page. I can do this with headers and footers but I then
>>> can't
>>> start the letter on the left hand side above the bottom of the header. I
>>> want to be able to put a ref number etc towards the top of the page.
>>>
>>> Another issue I am unable to work out and would appreciate some help
>>> with
>>> is- I would like the headed paper template to be used on the first sheet
>>> but
>>> no other pages after that.
>>>
>>> The reasons behind this is I want to be able to send PDF documents to
>>> clients that look just like our printed headed paper. Ideally I would
>>> also
>>> like to be able to print the document on some actual headed paper too so
>>> the
>>> background headings wouldn't print on a normal printer. Is this
>>> possible?
>>>
>>> I am using Word 2003
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>
>




 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional