TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Office

Subscript/Supersript Shortcut?

Microsoft Office

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
sendto_mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Subscript/Supersript Shortcut?

I have tried adding Subscript/Superscript buttons to the ribbon, but they
don't seem to be in the options list... They were in the Office beta...what
happened to them - have they been renamed or removed? Why? They're useful...
 
Unread 03-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #2
garfield-n-odie [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Subscript/Supersript Shortcut?

The keyboard shortcuts Ctrl= for subscript and CtrlShift= for
superscript still work in Word 2007 like in previous versions of Word.

sendto_mark wrote:

> I have tried adding Subscript/Superscript buttons to the ribbon, but they
> don't seem to be in the options list... They were in the Office beta...what
> happened to them - have they been renamed or removed? Why? They're useful...


 
Unread 04-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
sendto_mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Subscript/Supersript Shortcut?

But how can I add them to the Shortcut bar at the top?
 
Unread 05-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
garfield-n-odie [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Subscript/Supersript Shortcut?

You shouldn't need to. Buttons for subscript and superscript are
already present in the ribbon in the Font group on the Home tab.

sendto_mark wrote:

> But how can I add them to the Shortcut bar at the top?


 
Unread 06-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
sendto_mark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Subscript/Supersript Shortcut?

True, in word they are already present, in PowerPoint they can be added to
the shortcut bar and in Publisher the buttons can be added to the toolbar.

However in excel, access and other office programs superscript and subscript
are not in any toolbars and cannot be added to the ribbon...

Any way round this?
 
Unread 06-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
garfield-n-odie [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Subscript/Supersript Shortcut?

As you might guess from the name of this newsgroup, this newsgroup is
for questions about Microsoft Word, and I answered your question to the
extent that it has anything to do with Microsoft Word. If you have a
question about Excel, you might want to ask it in one of the Excel
newsgroups.

sendto_mark wrote:

> True, in word they are already present, in PowerPoint they can be added to
> the shortcut bar and in Publisher the buttons can be added to the toolbar.
>
> However in excel, access and other office programs superscript and subscript
> are not in any toolbars and cannot be added to the ribbon...
>
> Any way round this?


 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Word 2007: Search and replace with superscript/subscript characters Holst Microsoft Office 2 28-09-2007 06:59 AM
Protect word containing a subscript Jeannie Microsoft Office 1 04-09-2007 11:00 PM
How do I get text with both superscript and subscript at same time EHinSASK Microsoft Office 1 04-09-2007 06:01 PM
How can I place a superscript number directly above a subscript? Paul64 Microsoft Office 3 28-08-2007 01:07 PM
How do you change the target of the shortcut or shortcut command l Catie Windows Vista All 2 19-08-2007 10:57 PM


< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 AM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional