|07-11-2007, 12:05 PM||#1|
Outlook 2007 cannot attach files
I am running Outlook 2007 on a thinkpad X41, XP SP2, and I cannot attach
files. No files show in the window when I get into attach file, and the file
name field is blank. This behavior is new, started a little while ago, a few
times I could fix it by running a repair on Outlook. Am I running into a
deep security setting?
I am the administrator for the machine and am logged in with administrator
|08-11-2007, 02:05 AM||#2|
RE: Outlook 2007 cannot attach files
I found that you have posted the same issue in this newsgroup on last Sunday with name "insertng files, saving e-mails, do not work in
outlook 2007", which I have already responded. So please check my answer there and if you need any further assistance on this
particular issue, please reply to me in that thread so I can follow up with you in time. Also, please don't cross-post the same question in
multiple newsgroups in the future so that our engineers can work on your question efficiently. Your understanding and cooperation is
For your convenience, I have included my reply as follows:
Such an issue may be caused by the 3rd party addins in Outlook 2007. Repairing Office 2007 may temp correct the issue. However, we
do need to found the root cause and fix the issue.
Step 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
1. Quit Outlook. Click Start menu, and click Run.
2. In the Open box, type: "Outlook /safe" (without the quotation marks).
Notes: There is a space character between Outlook and the forward slash (/).
3. Click OK.
4. If the problem doesn't occur under Outlook safe mode, please restart Outlook in normal mode and uncheck all the add-ins in Outlook
to test the issue.
a. Open Outlook. (Note: If you cannot open Outlook, please come into Outlook safe mode instead)
b. Click Tools menu > Trust Center.
c. Click Add-ins. Choose COM Add-in, click Go.
d. Uncheck all the add-ins and then click OK, OK.
Restart Outlook and test the issue again. What is the result?
If the problem is still there, try step 2.
Step 2: Create a new Outlook profile
A new profile is a new environment for us to use Outlook. To create a new profile is only for a test to see if the problem is related to
the corrupt profile of Outlook. Creating new profile will not do any damage to the old profile.
1. Quit Outlook. Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Mail, click Show ProfilesĄ*
2. Select the "Prompt for a profile to be used" check box. Click AddĄ*
3. Type the profile name as "new outlook profile", click Ok.
4. Select Add a new e-mail account, click Next. Follow the wizard to configure your account in the new profile
5. After you restart Outlook, if the problem is resolved, please import the original data into your new profile.
Move data from the original profile to the new profile
Method 1: Click File menu > Open > Outlook Data File > choose the pst file which contains the data in original profile to open it in the
new profile. Thus, there should be a new Personal Folders in the Outlook Folder List.
By default, the pst file for original Outlook profile is located in the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your-login-name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
Method 2: Import the PST file
1. On the File menu, click Import and Export.
2. Click "Import from another program or file", and then click Next.
3. In "Select the file type to import from", click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.
4. In "File to Import", click Browse to locate the personal folders (.pst) file that you want to import, and then click Next.
5. In the "Select the folder to import from" section, select the folder that you want to import, or select the top of the hierarchy to
import everything, and then click Finish.
Note: If the folder contains subfolders, and you want to include this data in the import process, click to select "Include Subfolders". If
the destination for importing is the currently selected folder, click "Import items into the current folder"; otherwise, click "Import items
into the same folder in". This will create matching items in the destination folder you select.
If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>Thread-Topic: Outlook 2007 cannot attach files
>From: =?Utf-8?B?dG1vbGxlcg==?= <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Subject: Outlook 2007 cannot attach files
>Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 03:15:01 -0800
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.2992
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.outlook.general:85199
>NNTP-Posting-Host: tk2msftibfm01.phx.gbl 10.40.244.149
>I am running Outlook 2007 on a thinkpad X41, XP SP2, and I cannot attach
>files. No files show in the window when I get into attach file, and the file
>name field is blank. This behavior is new, started a little while ago, a few
>times I could fix it by running a repair on Outlook. Am I running into a
>deep security setting?
>I am the administrator for the machine and am logged in with administrator
|New To Site?||Need Help?|