TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Outlook

Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

Microsoft Outlook

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 28-01-2008, 03:21 AM   #1
Ken
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

This has me stumped.



A few days ago Outlook stopped sending out my e-mails. The program was
working normally and even now, I am not getting any errors, but no one is
receiving (even me) any e-mail that I try to send. A copy of the message
appears in the sent items.



I am receiving e-mail just fine. My account works with webmail, just not
with Outlook 2007.



I have turned off both MacAfee Antivirus and Zone Alarm - same problem.



I have tripled checked all my setting (SMPT Server, etc...) -- same problem.



I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with Office 2007 SP1.



Any suggestions.


 
Unread 28-01-2008, 04:23 AM   #2
F.H. Muffman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

> A few days ago Outlook stopped sending out my e-mails. The program
> was working normally and even now, I am not getting any errors, but no
> one is receiving (even me) any e-mail that I try to send. A copy of
> the message appears in the sent items.
>
> I am receiving e-mail just fine. My account works with webmail, just
> not with Outlook 2007.
>
> I have turned off both MacAfee Antivirus and Zone Alarm - same
> problem.
>
> I have tripled checked all my setting (SMPT Server, etc...) -- same
> problem.
>
> I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with Office 2007 SP1.


So, the message leaves the Outbox and moves into Sent Items, that generally
means that the mail server has taken responsibility for delivery of the message.
Have you checked with the ISP to verify that they are or are not accepting
the message?

--
-f.h.


 
Unread 28-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
Ken
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

Yes, They (Time Warner / Road Runner) say there is no problem on thier end.
My wife's can send her email just fine with her computer (Office 2003). Her
account is a sub account from mine.

Also, Web Mail works.

"F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muffman*************> wrote in message
news:74243f3418218ca2f31575fe290@msnews.microsoft. com...
>> A few days ago Outlook stopped sending out my e-mails. The program
>> was working normally and even now, I am not getting any errors, but no
>> one is receiving (even me) any e-mail that I try to send. A copy of
>> the message appears in the sent items.
>>
>> I am receiving e-mail just fine. My account works with webmail, just
>> not with Outlook 2007.
>>
>> I have turned off both MacAfee Antivirus and Zone Alarm - same
>> problem.
>>
>> I have tripled checked all my setting (SMPT Server, etc...) -- same
>> problem.
>>
>> I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with Office 2007 SP1.

>
> So, the message leaves the Outbox and moves into Sent Items, that
> generally means that the mail server has taken responsibility for delivery
> of the message. Have you checked with the ISP to verify that they are or
> are not accepting the message?
>
> --
> -f.h.
>
>



 
Unread 29-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
Brian Tillman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

Ken <Kmullins@satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Yes, They (Time Warner / Road Runner) say there is no problem on
> thier end. My wife's can send her email just fine with her computer
> (Office 2003). Her account is a sub account from mine.


Naturally they'd tell you that. They're instructed to tell you that even if
it's untrue. I still think it's the server's problem, since Outlook is
showing you that the server accested the message by placing it in Sent
Items. You can enable diagnostic logging and prove it's a server problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831053/en-us
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

 
Unread 29-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
F.H. Muffman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

>>> A few days ago Outlook stopped sending out my e-mails. The program
>>> was working normally and even now, I am not getting any errors, but
>>> no one is receiving (even me) any e-mail that I try to send. A copy
>>> of the message appears in the sent items.
>>>
>>> I am receiving e-mail just fine. My account works with webmail,
>>> just not with Outlook 2007.
>>>
>>> I have turned off both MacAfee Antivirus and Zone Alarm - same
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> I have tripled checked all my setting (SMPT Server, etc...) -- same
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with Office 2007 SP1.
>>>

>> So, the message leaves the Outbox and moves into Sent Items, that
>> generally means that the mail server has taken responsibility for
>> delivery of the message. Have you checked with the ISP to verify that
>> they are or are not accepting the message?

>
> Yes, They (Time Warner / Road Runner) say there is no problem on
> thier end. My wife's can send her email just fine with her computer
> (Office 2003). Her account is a sub account from mine.


Ok, but that isn't what you need to ask them.

What you need to tell them is this:

Hi, I can't send mail from my machine, but my mail client seems to think
it is being successfully submitted to your mail server. Can you help me
troubleshoot this by monitoring the SMTP connections to the server and verify
that my client is or isn't accepting the message?

And if they can't, ask to speak to someone who can.

Have you tried OE on the machine that isn't working? Does it work?

> Also, Web Mail works.


Doesn't matter. Different protocols, different way to work.

--

-f.h.


 
Unread 30-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
Ken
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

Thanks for the advice. I tried but talking to Time Warner (Road Runner) but
it was a waste of my time -- they insisted that the problem was on my end
not theirs. I pointed out my log was showing that the message was received
by their server. Still it was a Microsoft / my problem not theirs.



In frustration I tried turning off my signature and low and behold my mail
started going through. With some more research I found that the URL to my
home web page was the problem. I don't know why - but now my signature does
not have a link to my home page.



"F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muffman*************> wrote in message
news:74243f341a468ca30018558fd30@msnews.microsoft. com...
>>>> A few days ago Outlook stopped sending out my e-mails. The program
>>>> was working normally and even now, I am not getting any errors, but
>>>> no one is receiving (even me) any e-mail that I try to send. A copy
>>>> of the message appears in the sent items.
>>>>
>>>> I am receiving e-mail just fine. My account works with webmail,
>>>> just not with Outlook 2007.
>>>>
>>>> I have turned off both MacAfee Antivirus and Zone Alarm - same
>>>> problem.
>>>>
>>>> I have tripled checked all my setting (SMPT Server, etc...) -- same
>>>> problem.
>>>>
>>>> I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with Office 2007 SP1.
>>>>
>>> So, the message leaves the Outbox and moves into Sent Items, that
>>> generally means that the mail server has taken responsibility for
>>> delivery of the message. Have you checked with the ISP to verify that
>>> they are or are not accepting the message?

>>
>> Yes, They (Time Warner / Road Runner) say there is no problem on
>> thier end. My wife's can send her email just fine with her computer
>> (Office 2003). Her account is a sub account from mine.

>
> Ok, but that isn't what you need to ask them.
>
> What you need to tell them is this:
>
> Hi, I can't send mail from my machine, but my mail client seems to think
> it is being successfully submitted to your mail server. Can you help me
> troubleshoot this by monitoring the SMTP connections to the server and
> verify that my client is or isn't accepting the message?
>
> And if they can't, ask to speak to someone who can.
>
> Have you tried OE on the machine that isn't working? Does it work?
>
>> Also, Web Mail works.

>
> Doesn't matter. Different protocols, different way to work.
> --
>
> -f.h.
>
>



 
Unread 31-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
F.H. Muffman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

> In frustration I tried turning off my signature and low and behold my
> mail started going through. With some more research I found that the
> URL to my home web page was the problem. I don't know why - but now
> my signature does not have a link to my home page.


Well, then I'd say the mail was landing in a spam filter that thought your
URL was indicative of spam. It very well may not have been Time Warner,
but the recipient's server.

--
-f.h.


 
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
scaroen@infusionlounge.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

On Jan 30, 7:15*pm, F.H. Muffman <f.h.muff...*************> wrote:
> > In frustration I tried turning off my signature and low and behold my
> > mail started going through. *With some more research I found that the
> > URL to my home web page was the problem. *I don't know why - but now
> > my signature does not have a link to my home page.

>
> Well, then I'd say the mail was landing in a spam filter that thought your
> URL was indicative of spam. *It very well may not have been Time Warner,
> but the recipient's server.
>
> --
> -f.h.


Ok.. So I am having the same exact problem with Outlook 2007..
Suddenly I cannot send ANY e-mail from my outlook. However, I am
getting no error messages and outlook seems to be going through its
motions just fine.
I can recieve all e-mail - just cant get e-mail sent from my outlook
delieverd. If I go to the webmail and send from the server it works
everytime.

Help? anything new to consider that hasnt been mentioned?
-SC
 
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #9
Gordon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

<scaroen@infusionlounge.com> wrote in message
news:54f27609-34a2-432c-ae14-9543af10ec87@p69g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

>Ok.. So I am having the same exact problem with Outlook 2007..
>Suddenly I cannot send ANY e-mail from my outlook. However, I am
>getting no error messages and outlook seems to be going through its
>motions just fine.
>I can recieve all e-mail - just cant get e-mail sent from my outlook
>delieverd. If I go to the webmail and send from the server it works
>everytime.


>Help? anything new to consider that hasnt been mentioned?



Do Tools-Account settings, highlight the account, click on Change and click
on "Test Account settings". Does that throw up any errors?


 
Unread 04-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
scaroen@infusionlounge.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

On Feb 4, 10:14*am, "Gordon" <gbpli...***********.invalid> wrote:
> <scar...@infusionlounge.com> wrote in message
>
> news:54f27609-34a2-432c-ae14-9543af10ec87@p69g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>
> >Ok.. So I am having the same exact problem with Outlook 2007..
> >Suddenly I cannot send ANY e-mail from my outlook. *However, I am
> >getting no error messages and outlook seems to be going through its
> >motions just fine.
> >I can recieve all e-mail - just cant get e-mail sent from my outlook
> >delieverd. *If I go to the webmail and send from the server it works
> >everytime.
> >Help? anything new to consider that hasnt been mentioned?

>
> Do Tools-Account settings, highlight the account, click on Change and click
> on "Test Account settings". Does that throw up any errors?


It does not throw up any errors.. thats the thing.. everything seems
to work just fine. BUT e-mails arent getting delivered. Have had
this problem since Friday morning and spent hours trying to figure it
out.
 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 AM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional