TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Outlook

Lost folder

Microsoft Outlook

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 19-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
Pat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lost folder

I had created a folder under the Inbox where I have kept favorite e-mails
ever since I have had the computer. It has disappeared. The + sign where I
always opened it is gone. I'm hoping of course to be able to "find" this
folder but have no clue where it went or how to restore it. It wasn't
deleted or sent to the Recycle Bin I am certain. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.
 
Unread 19-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Michal [Outlook MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Lost folder

Pat wrote:
> I had created a folder under the Inbox where I have kept favorite e-mails
> ever since I have had the computer. It has disappeared. The + sign where I
> always opened it is gone. I'm hoping of course to be able to "find" this
> folder but have no clue where it went or how to restore it. It wasn't
> deleted or sent to the Recycle Bin I am certain. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.


You might try this:
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-5054599.html

Or you will need to buy some recovering tool.

....if you do not have any backup.

BTW: It sometimes happens that users accidentally delete entire folder. You
can see highlight on an item in a folder, but real focus is on the entire
folder object. You click Shift+Delete to delete the item, but in fact you
delete the entire folder. I did it a few times myself...

--
Best regards,
Michal [Microsoft Outlook MVP]

http://www.codetwo.com
Share Outlook on the net without Exchange!
 
Unread 19-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Pat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Lost folder

Thanks for the response and attempt to help. I'm unfortunately way out of my
league in trying to follow the instructions for corrupting the PST file.
Think I'd better try to find an expert here to help. Backup. (Lesson
learned). Thanks again.


Michal [Outlook MVP]" wrote:

> Pat wrote:
> > I had created a folder under the Inbox where I have kept favorite e-mails
> > ever since I have had the computer. It has disappeared. The + sign where I
> > always opened it is gone. I'm hoping of course to be able to "find" this
> > folder but have no clue where it went or how to restore it. It wasn't
> > deleted or sent to the Recycle Bin I am certain. Any help will be greatly
> > appreciated.

>
> You might try this:
> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-5054599.html
>
> Or you will need to buy some recovering tool.
>
> ....if you do not have any backup.
>
> BTW: It sometimes happens that users accidentally delete entire folder. You
> can see highlight on an item in a folder, but real focus is on the entire
> folder object. You click Shift+Delete to delete the item, but in fact you
> delete the entire folder. I did it a few times myself...
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Michal [Microsoft Outlook MVP]
>
> http://www.codetwo.com
> Share Outlook on the net without Exchange!
>

 
Unread 19-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
Brian Tillman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Lost folder

Pat <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I had created a folder under the Inbox where I have kept favorite
> e-mails ever since I have had the computer. It has disappeared. The
> + sign where I always opened it is gone. I'm hoping of course to be
> able to "find" this folder but have no clue where it went or how to
> restore it. It wasn't deleted or sent to the Recycle Bin I am
> certain. Any help will be greatly appreciated.


Outlook doesn't use the Windows Recycle Bin. Is there a plus next to the
Deleted Items folder in Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

 
Unread 19-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
Pat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Lost folder

No, the plus sign disappeared along with the folder.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Pat <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I had created a folder under the Inbox where I have kept favorite
> > e-mails ever since I have had the computer. It has disappeared. The
> > + sign where I always opened it is gone. I'm hoping of course to be
> > able to "find" this folder but have no clue where it went or how to
> > restore it. It wasn't deleted or sent to the Recycle Bin I am
> > certain. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

>
> Outlook doesn't use the Windows Recycle Bin. Is there a plus next to the
> Deleted Items folder in Outlook?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
>

 
Unread 19-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Pat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Lost folder

Sorry...there is no plus sign next to the Deleted Items folder.

"Pat" wrote:

> No, the plus sign disappeared along with the folder.
>
> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
> > Pat <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I had created a folder under the Inbox where I have kept favorite
> > > e-mails ever since I have had the computer. It has disappeared. The
> > > + sign where I always opened it is gone. I'm hoping of course to be
> > > able to "find" this folder but have no clue where it went or how to
> > > restore it. It wasn't deleted or sent to the Recycle Bin I am
> > > certain. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> >
> > Outlook doesn't use the Windows Recycle Bin. Is there a plus next to the
> > Deleted Items folder in Outlook?
> > --
> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
> >
> >

 
Unread 19-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
Brian Tillman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Lost folder

Pat <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Sorry...there is no plus sign next to the Deleted Items folder.


Then you must have permanently deleted it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional