TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Microsoft Outlook

How can I Undo "Mark All as Read"?

Microsoft Outlook

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 25-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
Dale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
How can I Undo "Mark All as Read"?

I accidentally hit "Mark All as Read," which is easy to do because it's
directly under "Mark as Unread." Even though no e-mails were selected, it
proceeded to change 388 e-mails to Read status with giving me an "Are You
Sure?" box to stop it. The Undo button isn't lit up. PLEASE tell me there's
a way to undo this function!

Thanks,
Dale
 
Unread 26-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I Undo "Mark All as Read"?

Try Ctrl Z that's the keyboard command for Undo.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au
My suggested settings for Outlook 2003 are FREE on my website.

..
"Dale" <Dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:12DED970-DB56-458B-AFFA-1B584D39EF3C@microsoft.com...
>I accidentally hit "Mark All as Read," which is easy to do because it's
> directly under "Mark as Unread." Even though no e-mails were selected, it
> proceeded to change 388 e-mails to Read status with giving me an "Are You
> Sure?" box to stop it. The Undo button isn't lit up. PLEASE tell me
> there's
> a way to undo this function!
>
> Thanks,
> Dale



 
Unread 07-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
Tan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I Undo "Mark All as Read"?

Hi Judy,

The Ctrl Z command doesn't work for me. Even when I go to Edit in toolbar I
cannot press undo.

Regards
Tan

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote:

> Try Ctrl Z that's the keyboard command for Undo.
>
> Regards
>
> Judy Gleeson
> MVP Outlook
> Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au
> My suggested settings for Outlook 2003 are FREE on my website.
>
> ..
> "Dale" <Dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:12DED970-DB56-458B-AFFA-1B584D39EF3C@microsoft.com...
> >I accidentally hit "Mark All as Read," which is easy to do because it's
> > directly under "Mark as Unread." Even though no e-mails were selected, it
> > proceeded to change 388 e-mails to Read status with giving me an "Are You
> > Sure?" box to stop it. The Undo button isn't lit up. PLEASE tell me
> > there's
> > a way to undo this function!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dale

>
>
>

 
Unread 11-04-2008, 02:22 AM   #4
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I Undo "Mark All as Read"?

then it is too late.

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au
My suggested settings for Outlook 2003 are FREE on my website.

..
"Tan" <Tan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C453AF03-151E-49DA-BBDD-FC7E60AE9EED@microsoft.com...
> Hi Judy,
>
> The Ctrl Z command doesn't work for me. Even when I go to Edit in toolbar
> I
> cannot press undo.
>
> Regards
> Tan
>
> "Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote:
>
>> Try Ctrl Z that's the keyboard command for Undo.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Judy Gleeson
>> MVP Outlook
>> Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au
>> My suggested settings for Outlook 2003 are FREE on my website.
>>
>> ..
>> "Dale" <Dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:12DED970-DB56-458B-AFFA-1B584D39EF3C@microsoft.com...
>> >I accidentally hit "Mark All as Read," which is easy to do because it's
>> > directly under "Mark as Unread." Even though no e-mails were selected,
>> > it
>> > proceeded to change 388 e-mails to Read status with giving me an "Are
>> > You
>> > Sure?" box to stop it. The Undo button isn't lit up. PLEASE tell me
>> > there's
>> > a way to undo this function!
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Dale

>>
>>
>>



 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23 AM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional