TechTalkz.com Home

Go Back   MS Office Help & Free Technical Support > MS Outlook
Home Register Forum Rules FAQ User Blogs Gallery

Tracking emails Outlook 2007

MS Outlook


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 03:50 AM   #1
Michelle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Tracking emails Outlook 2007

Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see track
button in sent messages). I can set receipt delivery and read options for
emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option does not
appear in sent messages.


Thanks,
--
Michelle

Advertisement

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
Roady [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tracking emails Outlook 2007

No, you do not need Exchange for this but not all mail servers or mail
clients return proper traceable receipts. Did you receive the emails with
the special receipt icon?
See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm

Another thing that could break it is your virus scanner. If it integrates
itself with Outlook, disable/uninstall this integration and try again.
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E9C031DE-C06B-469A-AC84-50E699F0BADC@microsoft.com...
> Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see track
> button in sent messages). I can set receipt delivery and read options for
> emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option does
> not
> appear in sent messages.
>
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Michelle


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
Michelle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tracking emails Outlook 2007

I do receive a receipt email with the receipt icon, but the Track option does
not appear in the Sent message.

Thank you,
--
Michelle


"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> No, you do not need Exchange for this but not all mail servers or mail
> clients return proper traceable receipts. Did you receive the emails with
> the special receipt icon?
> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm
>
> Another thing that could break it is your virus scanner. If it integrates
> itself with Outlook, disable/uninstall this integration and try again.
> See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>
> -----
>
> "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E9C031DE-C06B-469A-AC84-50E699F0BADC@microsoft.com...
> > Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see track
> > button in sent messages). I can set receipt delivery and read options for
> > emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option does
> > not
> > appear in sent messages.
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Michelle

>

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Roady [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tracking emails Outlook 2007

Advertisement
Does it show the tracking icon on the sent item or does it still show the
normal icon?
Which mail account type are you using?

For screenshots of where to find the Tracking option see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/342

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsDD4C119-F757-42B3-8AC4-41C2406E94B0@microsoft.com...
> I do receive a receipt email with the receipt icon, but the Track option
> does
> not appear in the Sent message.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Michelle
>
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> No, you do not need Exchange for this but not all mail servers or mail
>> clients return proper traceable receipts. Did you receive the emails with
>> the special receipt icon?
>> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm
>>
>> Another thing that could break it is your virus scanner. If it integrates
>> itself with Outlook, disable/uninstall this integration and try again.
>> See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E9C031DE-C06B-469A-AC84-50E699F0BADC@microsoft.com...
>> > Do you have to have Exchange to be able to track sent emails (ie see
>> > track
>> > button in sent messages). I can set receipt delivery and read options
>> > for
>> > emails, and receive read and delivery receipts, but the track option
>> > does
>> > not
>> > appear in sent messages.
>> >
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > --
>> > Michelle

>>


Advertisement

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Windows Help - MS Office Help >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2009, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional