TechTalkz.com Home

Go Back   MS Office Help & Free Technical Support > MS Outlook
Home Register Forum Rules FAQ User Blogs Gallery

The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must

MS Outlook


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
ManavMS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must

Hi, I've some problem in setting up outlook 2007, when setting up e-mail
account with exchange2007, I am receiving this message "The

connection to Microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be

online or connected to complete this action." It then asks me for my

Microsoft exchange server and mailbox information. I then proceed to check

name and it says "the name cannot be resolved. The connection to Microsoft

exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this

action." Then it goes on to tell me the file i need to open is not an offline

file.

I am using Microsoft exchange 2007
Client: Outlook 2007
Client Operation system: Vista
I able to ping the server, and using the same E-mail account through web
access (OWA) and its working fine.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...utlook.general

Advertisement

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Diane Poremsky [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must

Are you using cached mode? RPC over HTTP (Outlook Anywhere)?
Do you have Outlook SP2 installed?


--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205

"ManavMS" <ManavMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2F089408-9F04-4F8A-9117-4D2312811613@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I've some problem in setting up outlook 2007, when setting up e-mail
> account with exchange2007, I am receiving this message "The
>
> connection to Microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be
>
> online or connected to complete this action." It then asks me for my
>
> Microsoft exchange server and mailbox information. I then proceed to check
>
> name and it says "the name cannot be resolved. The connection to Microsoft
>
> exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete
> this
>
> action." Then it goes on to tell me the file i need to open is not an
> offline
>
> file.
>
> I am using Microsoft exchange 2007
> Client: Outlook 2007
> Client Operation system: Vista
> I able to ping the server, and using the same E-mail account through web
> access (OWA) and its working fine.
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...utlook.general


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
Ken Frick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Are you using cached mode? RPC over HTTP (Outlook Anywhere)?

I have the same exact issue.
Yes, I am using cached mode.
Outlook Anywhere won't work.
Yes, I am using SP2. Outlook 2007 (12.0.6539.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6545.5004).

> On Monday, October 19, 2009 9:14 AM ManavMS wrote:


> Hi, I have some problem in setting up outlook 2007, when setting up e-mail
> account with exchange2007, I am receiving this message "The
>
> connection to Microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be
>
> online or connected to complete this action." It then asks me for my
>
> Microsoft exchange server and mailbox information. I then proceed to check
>
> name and it says "the name cannot be resolved. The connection to Microsoft
>
> exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this
>
> action." Then it goes on to tell me the file i need to open is not an offline
>
> file.
>
> I am using Microsoft exchange 2007
> Client: Outlook 2007
> Client Operation system: Vista
> I able to ping the server, and using the same E-mail account through web
> access (OWA) and its working fine.
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...utlook.general



>> On Monday, October 19, 2009 9:32 AM Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:


>> Are you using cached mode? RPC over HTTP (Outlook Anywhere)?
>> Do you have Outlook SP2 installed?
>>
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205



>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>> ASP.NET - Zip Selected Files and Add Files in Memory with DotNetZip
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...dotnetzip.aspx

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #4
Ken Frick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Are you using cached mode? RPC over HTTP (Outlook Anywhere)?

I have the same exact issue.
Yes, I am using cached mode.
Outlook Anywhere won't work.
Yes, I am using SP2. Outlook 2007 (12.0.6539.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6545.5004).

> On Monday, October 19, 2009 9:14 AM ManavMS wrote:


> Hi, I have some problem in setting up outlook 2007, when setting up e-mail
> account with exchange2007, I am receiving this message "The
>
> connection to Microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be
>
> online or connected to complete this action." It then asks me for my
>
> Microsoft exchange server and mailbox information. I then proceed to check
>
> name and it says "the name cannot be resolved. The connection to Microsoft
>
> exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this
>
> action." Then it goes on to tell me the file i need to open is not an offline
>
> file.
>
> I am using Microsoft exchange 2007
> Client: Outlook 2007
> Client Operation system: Vista
> I able to ping the server, and using the same E-mail account through web
> access (OWA) and its working fine.
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...utlook.general



>> On Monday, October 19, 2009 9:32 AM Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:


>> Are you using cached mode? RPC over HTTP (Outlook Anywhere)?
>> Do you have Outlook SP2 installed?
>>
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205



>>> On Monday, November 29, 2010 10:17 PM Ken Frick wrote:


>>> I have the same exact issue.
>>>
>>> Yes, I am using cached mode.
>>>
>>> Outlook Anywhere won't work.
>>>
>>> Yes, I am using SP2. Outlook 2007 (12.0.6539.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6545.5004).



>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>>> Using DataList to List Category/Subcategory with expand - collapse facility via javascript
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...avascript.aspx

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
eiger3970
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must

ManavMS wrote on 10/19/2009 09:14 ET :
> Hi, I've some problem in setting up outlook 2007, when setting up e-mail
> account with exchange2007, I am receiving this message &quot;The
>
> connection to Microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be
>
> online or connected to complete this action.&quot; It then asks me for my
>
> Microsoft exchange server and mailbox information. I then proceed to check
>
> name and it says &quot;the name cannot be resolved. The connection to

Microsoft
>
> exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this
>
> action.&quot; Then it goes on to tell me the file i need to open is not an
> offline
>
> file.
>
> I am using Microsoft exchange 2007
> Client: Outlook 2007
> Client Operation system: Vista
> I able to ping the server, and using the same E-mail account through web
> access (OWA) and its working fine.
>
> -
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the

&quot;I
> Agree&quot; button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click &quot;I Agree&quot; in the message pane.
>
>

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...utlook.general
>

I have the same problem, however I cannot access the SBS 2008 Exchange 2007
OWA.
Errors:
Can't log on to owa from desktop or laptop
https://mail.mydomain.com.au/owa/
Error: Not Found. The requested URL /owa/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
OR
https://mail.mydomain.com.au
Error: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to
MySQL.

I am using cached exchange mode.
Don't know how to find out about the RPC thingy.
I can ping the server ip address, but not the server name.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Peter Foldes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Are you using cached mode? RPC over HTTP (Outlook Anywhere)?

Another deadhead from egghead playing with a 3 year old post

--
Peter
Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


"Ken Frick" <ken@frickfinance.com.au> wrote in message news:20101129221737usenet@eggheadcafe.com...
>I have the same exact issue.
>

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Peter Foldes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must

Advertisement
Another deadhead from egghead playing with a 1 year old post

--
Peter
Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


"eiger3970" <eiger3970@domain-xyz.in> wrote in message news:zcadnfvWU5o9LGnRRVn_vwA@giganews.com...
> ManavMS wrote on 10/19/2009 09:14 ET :
>> Hi, I've some problem in setting up outlook 2007, when setting up e-mail
>> account with exchange2007, I am receiving this message &quot;The



Advertisement

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Windows Help - MS Office Help >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 AM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2009, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional