TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Telecom

Talk Talk and 0844 numbers

Telecom

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 26-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
Snuggles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talk Talk and 0844 numbers

Does anyone know if 0844 numbers are included free in the inclusive UK local
and national calls on Talk Talk call plans? I've checked the tarriff info,
and it specifically says that 0845 and 0870 numbers are not included, but no
mention of 0844 numbers. Can I take this to mean they are included?

Thanks,
Snuggles


 
Unread 26-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
Andy Davidson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Talk Talk and 0844 numbers

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:41:14 -0000, Snuggles <snuggles2012-news@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone know if 0844 numbers are included free in the inclusive UK local
> and national calls on Talk Talk call plans? I've checked the tarriff info,
> and it specifically says that 0845 and 0870 numbers are not included, but no
> mention of 0844 numbers. Can I take this to mean they are included?


The document you want is here :

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...RIFF_PRICE_PDF

I think the numbers you are referring to are described as 'Calls not
including internet services' ! G6 to G28 on the price list. From what
I can see they match the BT prices (which I think for these services,
the vast majority of operators will.)

Andy

--
:: Regards, Andy Davidson blog www.andyd.net
:: http://www.localphone.com/ - Call Global, Pay Local
:: /* opinions and thoughts expressed here are my own */

 
Unread 26-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
Snuggles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Talk Talk and 0844 numbers


"Andy Davidson" <$andy$@nosignal.org> wrote in message
news:slrnfk0tcd.gqq.$andy$@chilli.nosignal.org...
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:41:14 -0000, Snuggles
> <snuggles2012-news@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if 0844 numbers are included free in the inclusive UK
>> local
>> and national calls on Talk Talk call plans? I've checked the tarriff
>> info,
>> and it specifically says that 0845 and 0870 numbers are not included,
>> but no
>> mention of 0844 numbers. Can I take this to mean they are included?

>
> The document you want is here :
>
> http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...RIFF_PRICE_PDF
>
> I think the numbers you are referring to are described as 'Calls not
> including internet services' ! G6 to G28 on the price list. From what
> I can see they match the BT prices (which I think for these services,
> the vast majority of operators will.)
>
> Andy


Many thanks Andy, that's just what I was looking for.

Cheers,
Snuggles


 
Unread 26-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
Bill Borland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Talk Talk and 0844 numbers

In article <5qb87uFur45hU1@mid.individual.net>, Snuggles <snuggles2012-n
ews@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>Does anyone know if 0844 numbers are included free in the inclusive UK local
>and national calls on Talk Talk call plans? I've checked the tarriff info,
>and it specifically says that 0845 and 0870 numbers are not included, but no
>mention of 0844 numbers. Can I take this to mean they are included?
>

Alas, no. I call an 0844 number once every couple of months to keep
another ISP's e-mail service alive, and it costs a few pennies.

--
Bill Borland

 
Unread 26-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
News Reader
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Talk Talk and 0844 numbers


"Snuggles" <snuggles2012-news@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:5qb87uFur45hU1@mid.individual.net...
> Does anyone know if 0844 numbers are included free in the inclusive UK
> local and national calls on Talk Talk call plans? I've checked the tarriff
> info, and it specifically says that 0845 and 0870 numbers are not
> included, but no mention of 0844 numbers. Can I take this to mean they are
> included?
>
> Thanks,
> Snuggles
>



Hi,


By and large, any inclusive UK (landline) calls packages typically restrict
to numbers starting 01 or 02 only (and shortly should include 03 numbers as
well but generally or typically nothing else - i.e. no 084, or 07, etc.
etc.).

Hope that helps.


Best wishes,



News Reader



 
Unread 26-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #6
Graham.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Talk Talk and 0844 numbers



"Snuggles" <snuggles2012-news@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:5qbc42Fva6aeU1@mid.individual.net...
>
> "Andy Davidson" <$andy$@nosignal.org> wrote in message
> news:slrnfk0tcd.gqq.$andy$@chilli.nosignal.org...
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:41:14 -0000, Snuggles
>> <snuggles2012-news@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if 0844 numbers are included free in the inclusive UK
>>> local
>>> and national calls on Talk Talk call plans? I've checked the tarriff
>>> info,
>>> and it specifically says that 0845 and 0870 numbers are not included,
>>> but no
>>> mention of 0844 numbers. Can I take this to mean they are included?

>>
>> The document you want is here :
>>
>> http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...RIFF_PRICE_PDF
>>
>> I think the numbers you are referring to are described as 'Calls not
>> including internet services' ! G6 to G28 on the price list. From what
>> I can see they match the BT prices (which I think for these services,
>> the vast majority of operators will.)
>>
>> Andy

>
> Many thanks Andy, that's just what I was looking for.
>
> Cheers,
> Snuggles



If you want to access the internet on a normal London number
try www.geoISP.co.uk on
020 8114 9845
you don't need to sign up, and you can use anything you
like for the username and password.
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%


 
Unread 26-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
dan@u.genie.co.uk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Talk Talk and 0844 numbers

On 18 Nov, 19:37, "News Reader" <n...@email.invalid> wrote:
> "Snuggles" <snuggles2012-n...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> news:5qb87uFur45hU1@mid.individual.net...
>
> > Does anyone know if 0844 numbers are included free in the inclusive UK
> > local and national calls on Talk Talk call plans? I've checked the tarriff
> > info, and it specifically says that 0845 and 0870 numbers are not
> > included, but no mention of 0844 numbers. Can I take this to mean they are
> > included?

>
> > Thanks,
> > Snuggles

>
> Hi,
>
> By and large, any inclusive UK (landline) calls packages typically restrict
> to numbers starting 01 or 02 only (and shortly should include 03 numbers as
> well but generally or typically nothing else - i.e. no 084, or 07, etc.
> etc.).


With the exception of Virgin Media Talk Anywhere packages.

Dan
 
Unread 26-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #8
Michael R N Dolbear
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Talk Talk and 0844 numbers


Graham. <me@privacy.com> wrote

> If you want to access the internet on a normal London number
> try www.geoISP.co.uk on
> 020 8114 9845
> you don't need to sign up, and you can use anything you
> like for the username and password.


Yes this was mentioned a couple of weeks since and I made a note.

When Tiscali's narrow band / dial-up collapsed for a day 5/6 Nov I used
it and it worked fine (no SMTP AFAIK so I called Freeserve/Orange to
send emails) and I even used it through a 0844 callthrough number so it
cost me only 1p/min during the day.

I told my modem to dial
"08448612121,,,02081149845#,"

--
Mike D

 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional