Review Microsoft Office 2010

iiBenxD

Overall, this program is not a bad one at all!

After Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft finally came to their senses and decided to work extra hard on their next releases, as they should've in the first place. With Windows 7 being a great operating system, you need a great office application to go along with it, and that's where Microsoft Office 2010 comes in to play!

They rebuilt the whole "File" menu that was in Microsoft Office 2010 so it now looks like it's own screen in itself, which looks very sleek and is easy to navigate.
File%20Menu.gif
It makes everything one click away, unlike the Microsoft Office 2007. By default, your recent documents is selected, but whatever you select will be selected next time you open the menu.
When you click on a menu item (still working in the File menu) such as New, Print, Share, or anything else, it does not open a new window like most other programs. It has everything integrated into it, which makes things a lot easier to do and one click away so everything runs smoothly together. While Print is selected, it gives you the print options, a link to the print properties, and a full print preview that you can resize so you can see exactly what it'll look like!

Microsoft Office 2010 strives to keep the same layout and interaction as Office 2007, which some people found very hard to switch to from Microsoft Office 2003. However, since people are already used to it, Microsoft decided to keep the same design so people wouldn't get mad at them for changing it yet again.
Main.gif
They do have a lot more features in Office 2010.
As usual, they have expanded their Clip Art database greatly. It also allows you to use some very amazing and great looking text effects.
As usual, the default font selected is Calibri, font size 11.
I'm not sure if this is new, but there are a few tabs at the top such as Mailings, and Review. This allows you to insert tables for mailing lists, comments on something, edit the language, a translation tool, and a lot of other options that would come in useful when making either of those types of documents.
From left to right, this is the list of objects in the toolbar: Home, Insert, Page Layout, References, Mailings, Review, and View.
I've only done a review of Microsoft Word 2010, but most of these apply for the other Office 2010 programs.
One major difference in the Office 2010 build is that they cut down on the hungry resource kernel. It does NOT need to take up every single resource on your computer any more just for you to run it. Microsoft Office 2010 starts in 3 seconds most for first run. After that, it starts almost instantly. I'm running this all on a Macbook Pro 13", 2.26GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, using Parallels to run Windows 7 x32. With that, I'm meaning that all together, this program has been designed and made to run extremely fast on even some slow computers that weren't meant for it.
All of the programs in Office 2010 experienced the File menu edit, so everything is easier to find there.

The design is great as usual. It's very user friendly, except for the fact that it takes getting used to the menu bar at the top. It is a very speedy program, that would get the top score in this program. I have not noticed any bugs at all, along with the Windows 7 build. Microsoft has definitely went deep into ironing out all of their bugs.
I did not give it a rating for "Value for Money" as it has not been released yet, and there is no announcement on how much it will cost. To get the full option program, I'd pay up to $180 if I had the money. It is a very flexible, user friendly program that is one of the best of its kind in office work interfaces.

I hope this gives you an idea of what you'll get out of Microsoft Office 2010 once it's released! :flower:

Strider

Administrator
Staff member
It looks great. I'll download it the first thing tomorrow morning.

As far as I know it's exactly like Office 2007 but with a turbo charge to make it darn fast.

Nice review mate. :)

iiBenxD

It looks great. I'll download it the first thing tomorrow morning.

As far as I know it's exactly like Office 2007 but with a turbo charge to make it darn fast.

Nice review mate. :)
The turbo charge is a definite :D
But I think that the text effects is also a new thing in it. But what you've heard is right, it does look and feel almost exactly like Office 2007, just some very subtle changes :p

Thanks! I'm happy to know that I made a good first review :D