TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Windows 64-bit

Live Messenger on XP x64

Windows 64-bit

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 23-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
mjs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Live Messenger on XP x64

Can someone give me a direct link to the latest XP x64 compatible version of
Live Messenger?


 
Unread 23-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
Jonathan Kay [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Live Messenger on XP x64

Greetings,

8.1 should work fine:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...0-ddbed94864fc

If you're looking for 8.5 beta, you'll need the MSInstaller file directly, like from here:
http://www.msgstuff.com/downloads/download/135/


--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
--


"mjs" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news:OB6WFeEFIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Can someone give me a direct link to the latest XP x64 compatible version of Live
> Messenger?
>


 
Unread 23-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
mjs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Live Messenger on XP x64

But are these links to 64-bit proprietary versions, or the same versions
that run on 32-bit XP and Vista?

I am looking for a 64-bit version of Live Messenger.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
news:9B74C8EE-9C03-4A74-A16B-37DC5F2BA14E@microsoft.com...
> Greetings,
>
> 8.1 should work fine:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...0-ddbed94864fc
>
> If you're looking for 8.5 beta, you'll need the MSInstaller file directly,
> like from here:
> http://www.msgstuff.com/downloads/download/135/
>
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.
> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> --
>
>
> "mjs" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> news:OB6WFeEFIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Can someone give me a direct link to the latest XP x64 compatible version
>> of Live Messenger?
>>

>



 
Unread 23-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Jane C
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Live Messenger on XP x64

Hi mjs,

There is no native x64 version of Windows Live Messenger. The standard 32
bit version runs fine on x64.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"mjs" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
news:%23GFr65EFIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> But are these links to 64-bit proprietary versions, or the same versions
> that run on 32-bit XP and Vista?
>
> I am looking for a 64-bit version of Live Messenger.
>


 
Unread 23-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
mjs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Live Messenger on XP x64

Well, the Beta link Jonathan provided won't even install the darn thing on
x64. It hangs at the file decompression stage. Guess I'll try the 8.1 next.

"Jane C" <janecolman@invalid.iinet.net.au> wrote in message
news:64CB8964-C429-442A-89D3-836743BDB6EB@microsoft.com...
> Hi mjs,
>
> There is no native x64 version of Windows Live Messenger. The standard 32
> bit version runs fine on x64.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
> MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "mjs" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> news:%23GFr65EFIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> But are these links to 64-bit proprietary versions, or the same versions
>> that run on 32-bit XP and Vista?
>>
>> I am looking for a 64-bit version of Live Messenger.
>>

>



 
Unread 23-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
BENAGLIA
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Live Messenger on XP x64

I'm running version 8.1 on both Xp 64 and Vista 64 and works just fine on
both.

AndyB

"mjs" <no@thanks.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:O1G0VnGFIHA.2004@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Well, the Beta link Jonathan provided won't even install the darn thing on
> x64. It hangs at the file decompression stage. Guess I'll try the 8.1
> next.
>
> "Jane C" <janecolman@invalid.iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> news:64CB8964-C429-442A-89D3-836743BDB6EB@microsoft.com...
>> Hi mjs,
>>
>> There is no native x64 version of Windows Live Messenger. The standard
>> 32 bit version runs fine on x64.
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
>> MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "mjs" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23GFr65EFIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> But are these links to 64-bit proprietary versions, or the same versions
>>> that run on 32-bit XP and Vista?
>>>
>>> I am looking for a 64-bit version of Live Messenger.
>>>

>>

>
>


 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:02 AM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional