|12-02-2009, 05:41 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Thanked 728 Times in 611 Posts
Blog Entries: 6
Rep Power: 9035
Uninstall / Change / Repair Programs and Features in Windows 7
Programs and Features in Windows 7
Programs and Features allow you to uninstall programs or to change or repair a program's configuration by adding or removing certain options. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. You can uninstall a program from your computer if you no longer use it or if you want to free up space on your hard disk.
So using Programs and Features you can:
Notes: If the program you want to uninstall is not listed, it might not have been written for this version of Windows. To uninstall the program, check the information that came with the program.
Let's see how to uninstall/change the programs:
1. Click the Start and then choose the Control Panel option.
2. Control Panel window opens up. Click All control panel items. Now choose Programs and Features. The window opens up.
To view the installed programs list. Click View installed updates in the left pane.
3. To Uninstall the Program, Select it from the list and Uninstall button will appear. Click Uninstall.
Uninstall an update popup opens up to confirm the uninstall. click Yes to proceed uninstallation or No to cancle.
4. Click Get new programs online at Windows Marketplace in the left pane, to download programs from Internet.
5. Click Turn Windows features on or off in the left pane, to turn on or off the Windows features.
Select ActiveX Installer Service check box and click Ok.
Want to ask a question? Try This! A guide on how to post a question, reply to a post etc.
Last edited by Strider; 12-02-2009 at 05:44 AM..
|features, guide, microsoft, programs, repair, uninstall, windows, windows7|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|