TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Can I Install Windows 7 just mounting it in Daemon tools?

Windows 7

Unread 31-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
Senior Member (500+)

Rep Power: 271 horheg has a spectacular aura abouthorheg has a spectacular aura about

Windows XP Windows 7 Linux Mac OS

Re: Can I Install Windows 7 just mounting it in Daemon tools?

Here you have Partition Magic download with reviews:

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/9...c?tab=comments

Also, you can indeed edit the boot.ini file for multiboot, but you have to be very careful when doing that.

I did it some years ago and screwed things up, so better do an extensive search on that matter before doing it.

Theoretically I think you just have to add another line similar to that for XP and substitute only the partition number. I'm not sure what it would be for O:\ if 1 is for C:\

TIP: Take a look at the boot.ini file from Windows 7 and see if it's similar to that from XP.
horheg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
Webmaster

Mood: Cynical
Rep Power: 9010 Strider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly Eminent

Intel Nvidia

Windows XP Windows Server 2003 / Windows Server 2008 Windows 7 Windows 8 Linux

Re: Can I Install Windows 7 just mounting it in Daemon tools?

Windows Vista and 7 use a slightly different and complicated method to set boot priority and boot options (bcdedit and bootrec). It's no longer simple as editing the boot.ini file.

This article might help:

How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

And in my experience installing Windows using the ISO just works. But still its recommended to burn it to the DVD and use it.

Last edited by Strider; 31-12-2009 at 03:10 PM..
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >

New To Site? Need Help?