TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Microsoft Outlook won't remember password

Windows 7

Unread 05-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #1

Windows 7

Microsoft Outlook won't remember password

Hi all.

I am new, how do you all do?

I have used Vista in the past, decided to make the move to W7. since Outlook Express is a dinosaur e-mail program, I wanted to use Microsoft Outlook which is still a bit old, but I understand the functionality of it having this e-mail program at work. While configuring my e-mail accounts now using Microsoft Outlook, I enter all the necessary information protocol in creating e-mail accounts and EVERY time I hit the test button, the default message asks me to check the e-mail address in my account as it shows an error and does not send the message? I go back and check everything, authenticate my incomng and outgoing mail server info, passwords, etc., click " send and receive " and it might work the one time, then the next time, it prompts me for the passwords again even after putting a checkmark in the " remember password " box. This did this even when I used Vista too, so I simply stopped using it, but I cannot seem to find a site to simply download the old Outlook Express program and just use it as I used to. It worked well with Vista, but Windows Live is now the new replacement, I hate that program.....
Can anyone tell me what exactly is going on here to fix microsoft Outlook, and if not, tell me where i can simply download the old Outlook Express program from ancient times, at least it worked !

thanks very much, you can e-mail me direct if you wish, I might be able to open it! LOL

Audioman
Audioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Member (500+)

Mood: Stressed
Rep Power: 178 bloodwynd will become famous soon enoughbloodwynd will become famous soon enough

Windows 98 / Windows ME Windows NT / Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodwynd Send a message via Skype™ to bloodwynd
Re: Microsoft Outlook won't remember password

I assume that you already have created an account with MS Outlook, and assume that its MS Outlook 2007. If not then kindly post back the version of your Outlook.

For Outlook 2007, assuming that you already created an account.
1. Click on tools
2. Click on "Account Settings"
3. Highlight your account, and above that click on "change"
4. It will then open up a new window for Change Email Account. Just above the Next and Cancel button, there should be a button that says "More Settings" -- click on it.
5. Another window will appear for "Internet E-mail Settings". Go to "Outgoing Server Tab" and put a check on the box that says "My Outgoing server requires authentication" -- and if you are using the same "username and password" for it just like for you incoming server, then just leave the bullet on the first choice, otherwise configure it with the right username and password.
6. click ok, then next.

Keep us posted for any development, and if this worked... If not, then we could try to isolate the problem, but I will need more information regarding the setting of your email account in outlook...
bloodwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #3

Windows 7

Hi. I believe when I was loading the XP Office disc, it said it was Outlook 2002. Should I upgrade by downloading to the most recent 2007 version before applying this fix?

thanks for yor help brother, it IS appreciated !

Audioman
Audioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Senior Member (500+)

Mood: Stressed
Rep Power: 178 bloodwynd will become famous soon enoughbloodwynd will become famous soon enough

Windows 98 / Windows ME Windows NT / Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodwynd Send a message via Skype™ to bloodwynd

Not really... No need to upgrade... I was merely inquiring about the version since there are times that different versions have a different way of editing a saved email account.

You can definitely try this fix... It fairly compatible and based from experience, is working for MS Outlook versions 2003, XP Office edition and 2007. This should also be the case for the 2002 version. If it does not work, I will be more than happy to experiment on this one, since I have the installation CD for that version that you have, its just that I have not installed it on the system...

Cheers... Keep us posted for any development...
bloodwynd is offline   Reply With Quote

< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >

New To Site? Need Help?