Remove Vista and Install Windows 7?

TechExpert

Advanced Member (250+)
hey guys!
Lets say i am tired of windows Vista pre-installed on my laptop and on the verge of refreshing my windows. Can i just take a turn and totally change the windows Vista with windows 7 in my PC. Is that difficult or just as simple as installing fresh copy of Vista.

metal03326

Advanced Member (250+)
Re: windows 7?

Installation processes of Vista and 7 are alike, so you shouldn't have any problem. I suggest you install 7 from flash drive, as it's fast (less than 10 min on my PC). To create the drive, you can use the official tool on Microsoft.

Hi Before installing or upgrading to Windows 7, you need to consider the following:

1. Check the hardware requirement - make sure you have drivers for windows 7.

2. Check the Softwares that you are using - make sure that the software you are using can run on windows 7.

3. Back up your files - to be able to restore your files if your installation encounters problem.

You can go to the microsoft site and there are some tools you can use before upgrading or migrating to Windows 7.

Hope this helps.....

eXe

hey guys!
Lets say i am tired of windows Vista pre-installed on my laptop and on the verge of refreshing my windows. Can i just take a turn and totally change the windows Vista with windows 7 in my PC. Is that difficult or just as simple as installing fresh copy of Vista.

If you want to keep recovery partition and software for future (if you decide to go back on Vista) than just start windows 7 instalation from current Windows and select upgrade.

Regards

mdpcrepair

Re: windows 7?

Installation processes of Vista and 7 are alike, so you shouldn't have any problem. I suggest you install 7 from flash drive, as it's fast (less than 10 min on my PC). To create the drive, you can use the official tool on Microsoft.
I like unetbootin better. Its open source and it works great. Used for any version of windows and many versions of linux too. I used this to install win 7 on a friend's netbook.