TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Windows 7 update failure loop

Windows 7

Unread 28-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #1

Mood: Buzzed
Rep Power: 2434 habibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Great

AMD ATi

Windows 98 / Windows ME Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Linux Mac OS

Send a message via Skype™ to habibjp
Exclamation Windows 7 update failure loop

I have had this problem for months now:
Windows update tries, and fails to install the following updates (when logged in):
-KB982526 (.NET, downloaded 27th July)
-KB982670 (.NET, downloaded 22nd June)
-KB971033 (General, downloaded 23rd February!!!)
and gives me the following 'unknown' errors:
-8007054F
-80070BC9

When i shut down it ALWAYS says that its installing updates, and tries and fails to install them about five times on boot up, rebooting each time-this is especially annoying as now my system can take 20 minutes to boot up properly.

I think that the update failure may also be causing other problems-my computer has been crashing a lot recently, and not just since i oc'd my GPU...

I have tried everything in Help and Support, to absolutely no avail.

I note that my laptop (also running Win7) has had absolutely no probs.

Might this have anything to do with the fact that im running 64bit Win7 on 3GB RAM?-my laptop has 4GB so maybe thats why it hasnt had problems.

I scanned for viruses with Kaspersky very recently and there dont appear to be any.

Any advice at all will be very much appreciated.

Thank God im not using Vista anymore.

Thanks
Habib
habibjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Junior Member (25+)

Windows 7

Lightbulb Re: Windows 7 update failure loop

I dare say this update problem has nothing to do with your ram. Question: Have you gone in and shut down any unwanted or unnecessary processes? IMOE; this could be something that is either trying to update and you do not have the program on your computer running (disabled it) that requires that update. I went through this same problem when I first installed 7. I wish I could remember what it was. I think it had something to do with sql server or something...it was a process I had shut down and 7 was trying to update that process but could not because I had shut it down. I actually had to turn the process on and then the update/s went through. Then went back in and turned the process off. Did you google each one of those updates to see what they are for? You might be surprised to find that they are useless for you anyway. Good luck...And yes, thank the gods you are not using that crap-lousy-bastard-child-Vista!
Worst p.o.s. MS has EVER put out!
Rodger Pedacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked Users:
habibjp (29-07-2010)
Unread 29-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #3

Rep Power: 2434 habibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Greathabibjp is just Great

AMD ATi

Windows 98 / Windows ME Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Linux Mac OS

Re: Windows 7 update failure loop

ok i went to Services, found the .NET framework service and started it, to no avail.

i checked out the General one, turns out it is basically Microsoft-made spyware to detect if your license key is valid or not. Seeing as i installed win myself i know i dont need that so i hid it.

I also tried temporarily disabling Kaspersky and restarting Win update, again it didn't work.

Does anyone know what the .NET framework does anyway?

Thanks
Habib
Unread 29-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
Junior Member (25+)

Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibjp View Post
ok i went to Services, found the .NET framework service and started it, to no avail.

i checked out the General one, turns out it is basically Microsoft-made spyware to detect if your license key is valid or not. Seeing as i installed win myself i know i dont need that so i hid it.

I also tried temporarily disabling Kaspersky and restarting Win update, again it didn't work.

Does anyone know what the .NET framework does anyway?

Thanks
Habib
Good for u man,

click here

.NET Framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rodger Pedacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #5

Windows 7

Has anyone upgraded to the new 64 bit windows 7?
delllily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #6

AMD ATi

Thats what most of us use (i think).
I'm currently running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.
XFX 7870
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Corsair GS500

Please press "Thanks" if i have helped ----------------->
Unread 07-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
Overclocked Poster (2500+)

Rep Power: 0 wcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguished

Windows 7

i'm not! sticking to 32bit. stable & device friendly. i video edit on 2gb ram. more than enough.
wcogent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
Elite Member (1000+)

Mood: Tired
Rep Power: 6317 echo off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguishedecho off is extemly Distinguished

Intel Nvidia

Windows 98 / Windows ME Windows NT / Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7 Linux Mac OS

@wcogent,

you always say 64-Bit windows is bad,

Well..... IT'S NOT!!! i have absolutely no problem with 64-Bit.... EVER!!!
and i'm sure habib has barely had any probs with his comp and Windows 7 64-Bit.

Please do not take this as being rude or something. but this is my opinion on your thoughts.
echo off is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
Regular Member (100+)

Windows 7

Try This Here this is the all new Microsoft Fix It center, not tried it but you can tell us how you get on trying to fix the update issue.

"It takes an intelligent fool to make things bigger and more complex.......... It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction"
Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 02:04 AM   #10
Overclocked Poster (2500+)

Rep Power: 0 wcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguishedwcogent is extemly Distinguished

Windows 7

I'm not saying 64bit is bad, but that 32bit is better, in MOST cases.
Never had to look for 32bit drivers.
Never had to deal with software incompatibilities
wcogent is offline   Reply With Quote