TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Access User Accounts from multiple partitions

Windows 7

Unread 11-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #1

Mood: Doh

Intel Nvidia

Windows 7 Windows 8

Unhappy Access User Accounts from multiple partitions

Hi there,

I am an avid user of Windows 7 OS. Since last week I am not able to boot my Windows 7 OS partition due to a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). I have a separate partition on which Win 8 is installed. I logged on to Win 8 to recover my files that were on the Win 7 partition but was unable to access the contents of my Desktop from Users folder.

Kindly help. How do I recover my files present on the desktop of the corrupt Win 7 partition?

Sponsored Links
slmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Webmaster

Mood: Busy
Rep Power: 9050 Strider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly EminentStrider is extemly Eminent

Intel Nvidia

Windows Server Windows 7 Windows 10 Linux

Re: Access User Accounts from multiple partitions

Sponsored Links
Can you please provide the exact error message you're getting when trying to access the Desktop folder? A screenshot would be useful.

Anyway, a few suggestions:

1. Check if you can login to your Windows 7 OS in safe mode. If you can, the files from the Desktop can be copied to a different partition.

Starting your computer in safe mode - Windows Help

2. Can you try taking ownership of the Desktop Folder and setting at least Read permissions for your Windows 8 user account. The following link should be useful,

How to take ownership (Permission) of a file or Folder in Windows 8 (Either System or not) - Windows

Sponsored Links
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corrupt partition, recover data, user access, win 7, win 8