TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Start Menu to return in Windows Blue (Windows 8.1)?

Windows 8

Unread 20-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Regular Member (100+)

AMD ATi

Windows XP Windows Server Windows 7 Linux

Start Menu to return in Windows Blue (Windows 8.1)?

I was reading a rumours page about Windows "Blue" update which will have the return of the start menu, do you think this is true? If I do see the return of the start menu I will considering upgrading to Windows 8, but I can't see it returning, I think Microsoft have decided there won't be a start menu again. Opinions?

Sponsored Links
TayneC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Advanced Member (250+)

Intel

Windows 7

Re: Start Menu to return?

It would probably bring the Start Menu back and not just that there are reports about the company bringing the Boot to desktop option with the update which will allow the users t directly boot to the desktop mode in Windows 8.
Sagarsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Advanced Member (250+)

Rep Power: 0 lowrider.STi is an unknown quantity at this point

Intel ATi

Windows 7

Re: Start Menu to return in Windows Blue (Windows 8.1)?

I don't even know why they remove it. That Start Menu (button included) was a symbol of Windows and they should bring it back. And I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this...
lowrider.STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Regular Member (100+)

Intel Nvidia

Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider.STi View Post
I don't even know why they remove it. That Start Menu (button included) was a symbol of Windows and they should bring it back. And I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this...
I see what Microsoft was trying to do but it certainly doesn't work out for Laptops and Desktops. For tablets, there is no need for a start menu but Microsoft hasn't thought about the majority of the devices. I'd love to see the Start Menu back and the Metro interface removed.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #5
Advanced Member (250+)

Intel

Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
I see what Microsoft was trying to do but it certainly doesn't work out for Laptops and Desktops. For tablets, there is no need for a start menu but Microsoft hasn't thought about the majority of the devices. I'd love to see the Start Menu back and the Metro interface removed.
Even if they do not include the Start Menu back with the Windows Blue update,we already have many third party alternatives which does the work,like Pokki and Start 8 app which brings back the start menu to Windows 8.
Skydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Regular Member (100+)

AMD ATi

Windows XP Windows Server Windows 7 Linux

Sponsored Links
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Even if they do not include the Start Menu back with the Windows Blue update,we already have many third party alternatives which does the work,like Pokki and Start 8 app which brings back the start menu to Windows 8.
It's much better though to have something that is supported by Windows, rather than a 3rd party software. Although I like alternatives like vistart, it's just not the same as having the default windows start bar. Even if you could enable the start bar that would be great.

Sponsored Links
TayneC8 is offline   Reply With Quote