TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

How To Shut Down The Other 4 Pc's From One Main PC

Windows 8

Unread 24-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #1

Intel

Windows 7

How To Shut Down The Other 4 Pc's From One Main PC

hi guys i need your help, i got 5 PC's in my Home, like Win XP, Win 7 & Win 8.

But i want to use my Win8 PC as a MAIN PC to Shut Down other 4 PC every day at 9PM & My Documents place have to be Clean up automatically on all 4 PC's before shut down at 9PM.

I mean i want to sit on my Windows 8 PC, then I want to SHUT DOWN other all 4 PC's at 9PM.

So i like to know "from where i have to start to do this PC Networking System in my Home" and i like to know
1)--Which Windows i have to Install on Main PC may be you call it as SERVER Computer.
2)--And which necessery changes i have to do in their Windows, on other all 4 PC as TERMINALS.

Please let me know How to do this things.

Hopefully waiting for your replies

Thanks

Sponsored Links
tester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
Senior Member (500+)

Mood: Relaxed

Intel Nvidia

Windows 98 / Windows ME Windows NT / Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows 7 Windows 8 Linux

Re: How To Shut Down The Other 4 Pc's From One Main PC

Sponsored Links
If you are sure of the time in all cases, then set a task event for 2100 each day with the task scheduler that will shut the machines down. There are several small utilities on the web that will shut the machine down gracefully. Set the task scheduler up to run one of them at 2100 every day.

Using Windows 7 Task Scheduler - Run Programs At Specific Time or Day

These utilities also allow setting the time of shutdown so they don't have to use the scheduler:

Auto Shutdown - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Free Shutdown Utilities Freeware downloads and reviews from SnapFiles

Wise Auto Shutdown - Free Windows PC shutdown tool - log off, shut down and sleep your Windows PC.
Free Shutdown Tools Downloads - Freeware Files.com

As a second possibility, if they are all on the same LAN, enable remote desktop on all of them and just shut them down individually.

Sponsored Links

Last edited by davnel; 15-05-2014 at 07:46 AM..
davnel is offline   Reply With Quote