TechTalkz.com Home

Go Back   Windows Help & Support > Windows 7 Help
Home Register Forum Rules FAQ User Blogs Gallery

rdpclip not found

Windows 7 Help


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Jeff@nospam.invalid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default rdpclip not found

I noticed that return from sleep is taking slightly longer than usual. I
ran virus and malware tests and all is fine.

I then ran Autoruns and found out that rdpclip called in
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms
is listed as "File not found: rdpclip"

I searched for rdpclip and found 2 instances on my PC:

C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..direction.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_en-us_d31879ba5162faa3


C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..lipboardredirection_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_none_5dcb024a24d3315c

My Laptop has an Intel CPU, not AMD.

Suggestions?

Could this be why the return from sleep is slightly longer?

Do I need rdpclip?

Thanks, Jeff

Advertisement

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Jeff@nospam.invalid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: rdpclip not found

On 11/17/10 8:14 AM, Jeff@nospam.invalid wrote:
> I noticed that return from sleep is taking slightly longer than usual. I
> ran virus and malware tests and all is fine.
>
> I then ran Autoruns and found out that rdpclip called in
> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms
> is listed as "File not found: rdpclip"
>
> I searched for rdpclip and found 2 instances on my PC:
>
> C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..direction.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_en-us_d31879ba5162faa3
>
>
> C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..lipboardredirection_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_none_5dcb024a24d3315c
>
>
> My Laptop has an Intel CPU, not AMD.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Could this be why the return from sleep is slightly longer?
>
> Do I need rdpclip?
>
> Thanks, Jeff

Forgot to add I am running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
I do not use my laptop as a server.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: rdpclip not found

Jeff@nospam.invalid wrote:
> On 11/17/10 8:14 AM, Jeff@nospam.invalid wrote:
>> I noticed that return from sleep is taking slightly longer than usual. I
>> ran virus and malware tests and all is fine.
>>
>> I then ran Autoruns and found out that rdpclip called in
>> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms
>> is listed as "File not found: rdpclip"
>>
>> I searched for rdpclip and found 2 instances on my PC:
>>
>> C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..direction.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_en-us_d31879ba5162faa3
>>
>>
>>
>> C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..lipboardredirection_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_none_5dcb024a24d3315c
>>
>>
>>
>> My Laptop has an Intel CPU, not AMD.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>>
>> Could this be why the return from sleep is slightly longer?
>>
>> Do I need rdpclip?
>>
>> Thanks, Jeff

> Forgot to add I am running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
> I do not use my laptop as a server.


That could be related to Terminal Services. WinXP Mode might use Terminal
Services, and a thing like RDPclip could be for copy/paste integration
between a WinXP Mode program's window, and the rest of the Windows 7 desktop.
Trouble is, I don't think Home Premium supports WinXP Mode. But the way
Windows 7 ships, all the files necessary might still be stored on your
disk (somewhere).

These are the only two instances I could find on my laptop, and it has
an AMD processor. The amd64_ here, would be a reference to x64 - my laptop
has the x64 version installed. Since AMD invented the 64 bit extensions,
in some cases you'll see a reference to amd64.

C:\\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..direction.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_en-us_d31879ba5162faa3\rdpclip.exe.mui:

C:\\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..lipboardredirection_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_none_5dcb024a24d3315c\rdpclip.exe

The situations it might be used in, are described here. Remote Assistance,
Citrix, WinXP Mode, might be reasons to have it enabled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Services

Perhaps the installation or usage of some third-party
tool triggered the service ?

According to this, it isn't an actual service, but might be
an item at startup.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/star...exe-21302.html

Using Sysinternals "Autoruns", I see the same entry as you. And
the status of the rdpclip.exe file is "File not found", meaning
mine should be failing the same way as yours. The difference is,
I'm seeing no message at startup, to suggest the file isn't present.
Mine is apparently failing silently.

If you were to set up Remote Assistance (i.e. you were going to
control someone's computer remotely), then it's possible that
file might be installed for you. In that case, rdpclip might be
used to support copy/paste from the window into someone else's
PC, to your desktop.

Paul
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Jeff@nospam.invalid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: rdpclip not found

Advertisement
On 11/17/10 11:52 AM, Paul wrote:
> Jeff@nospam.invalid wrote:
>> On 11/17/10 8:14 AM, Jeff@nospam.invalid wrote:
>>> I noticed that return from sleep is taking slightly longer than usual. I
>>> ran virus and malware tests and all is fine.
>>>
>>> I then ran Autoruns and found out that rdpclip called in
>>> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms
>>> is listed as "File not found: rdpclip"
>>>
>>> I searched for rdpclip and found 2 instances on my PC:
>>>
>>> C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..direction.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_en-us_d31879ba5162faa3
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..lipboardredirection_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_none_5dcb024a24d3315c
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> My Laptop has an Intel CPU, not AMD.
>>>
>>> Suggestions?
>>>
>>> Could this be why the return from sleep is slightly longer?
>>>
>>> Do I need rdpclip?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Jeff

>> Forgot to add I am running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
>> I do not use my laptop as a server.

>
> That could be related to Terminal Services. WinXP Mode might use Terminal
> Services, and a thing like RDPclip could be for copy/paste integration
> between a WinXP Mode program's window, and the rest of the Windows 7
> desktop.
> Trouble is, I don't think Home Premium supports WinXP Mode. But the way
> Windows 7 ships, all the files necessary might still be stored on your
> disk (somewhere).
>
> These are the only two instances I could find on my laptop, and it has
> an AMD processor. The amd64_ here, would be a reference to x64 - my laptop
> has the x64 version installed. Since AMD invented the 64 bit extensions,
> in some cases you'll see a reference to amd64.
>
> C:\\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..direction.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_en-us_d31879ba5162faa3\rdpclip.exe.mui:
>
>
> C:\\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..lipboardredirection_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.1 6385_none_5dcb024a24d3315c\rdpclip.exe
>
>
> The situations it might be used in, are described here. Remote Assistance,
> Citrix, WinXP Mode, might be reasons to have it enabled.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Services
>
> Perhaps the installation or usage of some third-party
> tool triggered the service ?
>
> According to this, it isn't an actual service, but might be
> an item at startup.
>
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/star...exe-21302.html
>
> Using Sysinternals "Autoruns", I see the same entry as you. And
> the status of the rdpclip.exe file is "File not found", meaning
> mine should be failing the same way as yours. The difference is,
> I'm seeing no message at startup, to suggest the file isn't present.
> Mine is apparently failing silently.
>
> If you were to set up Remote Assistance (i.e. you were going to
> control someone's computer remotely), then it's possible that
> file might be installed for you. In that case, rdpclip might be
> used to support copy/paste from the window into someone else's
> PC, to your desktop.
>
> Paul

Thank you Paul.

Advertisement

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Windows Help - MS Office Help >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional