TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Windows Server 2003

DNS for Multiple IPs for IIS sites...

Windows Server 2003

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 15-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
TRZ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
DNS for Multiple IPs for IIS sites...

Hello,

Situation:
I currently have five web sites on IIS 6. Each site runs on port 80 and has
its own private IP. Host headers was done successfully but is no longer as
option at this time! I do have domains pointing to my SonicWALL.

Network:
SonicWALL router (port 80 points to .120 – Default web site)
Domain Controller (.101)
IIS runs DNS (.120 thru .124 – WAN cannot view .121 thru .124)
Public IP is DHCP – Not posing any problems
2003 SVRs

Problem:
I cannot view any of the sites that have unique IP's but can view the
default.

Question:
How do I view sites at .121 thru .124 via the web?

Thank you in adance!

TRZ

 
Unread 15-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Jorge Silva
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DNS for Multiple IPs for IIS sites...

Hi
Can you publish/Map website->IPAddress in your router?


--
===================================
I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Jorge Silva
MCSE, MVP Directory Services
===================================

"TRZ" <TRZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4CFDC237-E84E-49C8-9342-E920FA432C85@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> Situation:
> I currently have five web sites on IIS 6. Each site runs on port 80 and
> has
> its own private IP. Host headers was done successfully but is no longer
> as
> option at this time! I do have domains pointing to my SonicWALL.
>
> Network:
> SonicWALL router (port 80 points to .120 - Default web site)
> Domain Controller (.101)
> IIS runs DNS (.120 thru .124 - WAN cannot view .121 thru .124)
> Public IP is DHCP - Not posing any problems
> 2003 SVRs
>
> Problem:
> I cannot view any of the sites that have unique IP's but can view the
> default.
>
> Question:
> How do I view sites at .121 thru .124 via the web?
>
> Thank you in adance!
>
> TRZ
>



 
Unread 15-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DNS for Multiple IPs for IIS sites...

Read inline please.

In news:4CFDC237-E84E-49C8-9342-E920FA432C85@microsoft.com,
TRZ <TRZ@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hello,
>
> Situation:
> I currently have five web sites on IIS 6. Each site runs on port 80
> and has its own private IP. Host headers was done successfully but
> is no longer as option at this time! I do have domains pointing to
> my SonicWALL.
>
> Network:
> SonicWALL router (port 80 points to .120 - Default web site)
> Domain Controller (.101)
> IIS runs DNS (.120 thru .124 - WAN cannot view .121 thru .124)
> Public IP is DHCP - Not posing any problems
> 2003 SVRs
>
> Problem:
> I cannot view any of the sites that have unique IP's but can view the
> default.
>
> Question:
> How do I view sites at .121 thru .124 via the web?
>
> Thank you in adance!


How many Public IPs do you have?

You can only map one public IP to one private IP. If you have only one
Public IP, you can map that one IP to one private IP on port 80 on the web
server.
You can do away with all but one private IP and give the sites host headers,
which will allow multiple web sites on port 80 on one IP address.


--
Best regards,
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps

===================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group"
via your newsreader so that others may learn and
benefit from your issue, to respond directly to
me remove the nospam. from my email address.
===================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
http://support.wftx.us/
http://message.wftx.us/
===================================
Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
It will strip signature out and more
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
===================================
Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders
with OEBackup:
http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
===================================


 
Unread 15-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Jorge Silva
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DNS for Multiple IPs for IIS sites...

I don't know SonicWALL that well, but in ISA you could use only 1 public IP
to multiple different Web sites, that's why I asked first, since that in
your case isn't possible you should use different host headers or different
website ports.
There are 3 ways to resolve a web site in IIS:

1. host headers

2. port

3. IP address

Creating Multiple Sites Using Host Header Names (IIS 6.0)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro....mspx?mfr=true


--
===================================
I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.


Jorge Silva
MCSE, MVP Directory Services
===================================

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message
news:e6KqQw1DIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Read inline please.
>
> In news:4CFDC237-E84E-49C8-9342-E920FA432C85@microsoft.com,
> TRZ <TRZ@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Situation:
>> I currently have five web sites on IIS 6. Each site runs on port 80
>> and has its own private IP. Host headers was done successfully but
>> is no longer as option at this time! I do have domains pointing to
>> my SonicWALL.
>>
>> Network:
>> SonicWALL router (port 80 points to .120 - Default web site)
>> Domain Controller (.101)
>> IIS runs DNS (.120 thru .124 - WAN cannot view .121 thru .124)
>> Public IP is DHCP - Not posing any problems
>> 2003 SVRs
>>
>> Problem:
>> I cannot view any of the sites that have unique IP's but can view the
>> default.
>>
>> Question:
>> How do I view sites at .121 thru .124 via the web?
>>
>> Thank you in adance!

>
> How many Public IPs do you have?
>
> You can only map one public IP to one private IP. If you have only one
> Public IP, you can map that one IP to one private IP on port 80 on the web
> server.
> You can do away with all but one private IP and give the sites host
> headers,
> which will allow multiple web sites on port 80 on one IP address.
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
>
> ===================================
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group"
> via your newsreader so that others may learn and
> benefit from your issue, to respond directly to
> me remove the nospam. from my email address.
> ===================================
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> http://support.wftx.us/
> http://message.wftx.us/
> ===================================
> Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
> It will strip signature out and more
> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
> ===================================
> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders
> with OEBackup:
> http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
> ===================================
>
>



 
Unread 15-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Triz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DNS for Multiple IPs for IIS sites...

Unfortuanately, I only have one Public IP via DHCP. I was thinking and
hoping I could use DNS some how.

Thanks again!



"Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva_pt*************> wrote in message
news:%23fp0X31DIHA.5856@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I don't know SonicWALL that well, but in ISA you could use only 1 public IP
>to multiple different Web sites, that's why I asked first, since that in
>your case isn't possible you should use different host headers or different
>website ports.
> There are 3 ways to resolve a web site in IIS:
>
> 1. host headers
>
> 2. port
>
> 3. IP address
>
> Creating Multiple Sites Using Host Header Names (IIS 6.0)
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro....mspx?mfr=true
>
>
> --
> ===================================
> I hope that the information above helps you.
> Have a Nice day.
>
>
> Jorge Silva
> MCSE, MVP Directory Services
> ===================================
>
> "Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message
> news:e6KqQw1DIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Read inline please.
>>
>> In news:4CFDC237-E84E-49C8-9342-E920FA432C85@microsoft.com,
>> TRZ <TRZ@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Situation:
>>> I currently have five web sites on IIS 6. Each site runs on port 80
>>> and has its own private IP. Host headers was done successfully but
>>> is no longer as option at this time! I do have domains pointing to
>>> my SonicWALL.
>>>
>>> Network:
>>> SonicWALL router (port 80 points to .120 - Default web site)
>>> Domain Controller (.101)
>>> IIS runs DNS (.120 thru .124 - WAN cannot view .121 thru .124)
>>> Public IP is DHCP - Not posing any problems
>>> 2003 SVRs
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>> I cannot view any of the sites that have unique IP's but can view the
>>> default.
>>>
>>> Question:
>>> How do I view sites at .121 thru .124 via the web?
>>>
>>> Thank you in adance!

>>
>> How many Public IPs do you have?
>>
>> You can only map one public IP to one private IP. If you have only one
>> Public IP, you can map that one IP to one private IP on port 80 on the
>> web
>> server.
>> You can do away with all but one private IP and give the sites host
>> headers,
>> which will allow multiple web sites on port 80 on one IP address.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
>> Hope This Helps
>>
>> ===================================
>> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group"
>> via your newsreader so that others may learn and
>> benefit from your issue, to respond directly to
>> me remove the nospam. from my email address.
>> ===================================
>> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
>> http://support.wftx.us/
>> http://message.wftx.us/
>> ===================================
>> Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
>> It will strip signature out and more
>> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
>> ===================================
>> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders
>> with OEBackup:
>> http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
>> ===================================
>>
>>

>
>



 
Unread 16-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #6
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: DNS for Multiple IPs for IIS sites...

Read inline please.

In news:exIWb%232DIHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Triz <info@trislam.com> typed:
> Unfortuanately, I only have one Public IP via DHCP. I was thinking
> and
> hoping I could use DNS some how.


You would have to use DNS to resolve the names to the IP, you just have to
put all the websites on the same IP.
Setting Host Headers in IIS 6.0: http://www.visualwin.com/host-header/


--
Best regards,
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps

===================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group"
via your newsreader so that others may learn and
benefit from your issue, to respond directly to
me remove the nospam. from my email address.
===================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
http://support.wftx.us/
http://message.wftx.us/
===================================
Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
It will strip signature out and more
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
===================================
Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders
with OEBackup:
http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
===================================


 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding sites to Trusted and Intranet Sites using Group Policy cbob66@aol.com Windows Server 2003 2 18-09-2007 02:03 PM
IE7 crashes when opening bookmarks with multiple sites + poor perf Andy Internet Explorer 1 28-08-2007 02:51 PM
IE7 crashes when opening bookmarks with multiple sites + poor perf Andy Internet Explorer 1 28-08-2007 02:48 PM
Best AD/DNS 2003 design practices for multiple international sites? Robert Gordon Windows Server 2003 10 28-08-2007 02:35 AM
Best AD/DNS 2003 design practices for multiple international sites? Robert Gordon Windows Server 2003 10 28-08-2007 01:49 AM


< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 AM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional