TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Windows Vista All

Vista Boot issue

Windows Vista All

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
Gorge Lucas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Vista Boot issue

Hi,

We have two identical Vista machines (hardware wise). They are running Vista
Corp 64bit. When one of them boots, it sits at a black screen before the
login. Sometimes it will sit here for 2 minutes, sometimes 15mins, depends.
No hdd activity, no error logs, no nothing.

SP1 has been installed and still no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks



Sponsored Links
 
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Brink
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Boot issue


Gorge Lucas;671539 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have two identical Vista machines (hardware wise). They are running
> Vista
> Corp 64bit. When one of them boots, it sits at a black screen before
> the
> login. Sometimes it will sit here for 2 minutes, sometimes 15mins,
> depends.
> No hdd activity, no error logs, no nothing.
>
> SP1 has been installed and still no joy.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks


Hi Gorge,

You might try running a Startup repair to see if it can find and fix
anything. This will show you how if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html

Shawn


--
Brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
 
Unread 04-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Gorge Lucas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Boot issue


"Brink" <Brink.37bc96@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:Brink.37bc96@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> Gorge Lucas;671539 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have two identical Vista machines (hardware wise). They are running
>> Vista
>> Corp 64bit. When one of them boots, it sits at a black screen before
>> the
>> login. Sometimes it will sit here for 2 minutes, sometimes 15mins,
>> depends.
>> No hdd activity, no error logs, no nothing.
>>
>> SP1 has been installed and still no joy.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks

>
> Hi Gorge,
>
> You might try running a Startup repair to see if it can find and fix
> anything. This will show you how if needed.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html
>
> Shawn


Cheers,

Will give this a try, thanks.

>
>
> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*



 
Unread 04-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
Rick Rogers
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Boot issue

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Since they're identical, swap the hard drives and see if the behavior moves
as well. If it does, then it's the either the hard drive or the
installation. If it doesn't, then it's the hardware on the machine that's
stalling. I suspect the latter, possibly memory, psu, or motherboard.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Gorge Lucas" <help@testingsvr.com> wrote in message
news:utrFcLdlIHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> We have two identical Vista machines (hardware wise). They are running
> Vista Corp 64bit. When one of them boots, it sits at a black screen before
> the login. Sometimes it will sit here for 2 minutes, sometimes 15mins,
> depends. No hdd activity, no error logs, no nothing.
>
> SP1 has been installed and still no joy.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>



Sponsored Links
 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2016, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional