TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Windows XP

Operating System Not Found

Windows XP

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2007, 04:57 AM   #1
huihui
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Operating System Not Found


iam using a Fujitsu Lifebook B Series
and it's only two years old

First, my laptop displays a black screen with the following options
-Safe Mode
-Safe Mode with Networking
-Safe Mode with Command Prompt
-Last Known Good Configuration
-Start Windows Normally

and whenever i choose one of the options i get

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"
> "If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,

restart
> your
> computer."
> "If this screen appears again, follow these steps:"
> "Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly

installed."
> "If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software

manufacturer
> for any Windows updates you might need."
> "If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware

or
> software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing."
> "If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components,

restart
> your
> computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then

select
> Safe
> Mode."
> "Technical Information:"
> "***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82B4A7E0,0x0000009C,0x00000000,0x00000000)"


and i googled how to fix it and didn't really try anything but the
BIOS
and now it says 'Realtek RTL8139 somethinggggggg Operation System not
Found' beside BIOS, everytime i try something like boot menu results in
OperSystemnofound.

can someone serisously help me, in laymans term, i think that 's the
phrase. and be really specific for everything and i'll seriously be
eteranlllllllly grateful. SERIOUSLYYYY, tell my your name, and i 'll
name my child after youuu.


--
huihui
------------------------------------------------------------------------
huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396

http://forums.techarena.in

 
Unread 06-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
CM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found

You need a Windows XP CD and must make the BIOS Boot order such that CD
device ( CD/DVD Drive) boots BEFORE the hard disk drive in the Boot order
(boot sequence) in the BIOS setup menu.

With WinXP CD in the drive, reboot and when the Monitor screen displays
"Press any Key to boot from the CD", IMMEDIATELY press any key on the
Keyboard and wait and watch the screen to display "Welcome to Setup " .

In that screen press "R" to select repair option using the Recovery
Console.
You may have to press ENTER to select C:\Windows or Winnt where your OS
resides.
You may have to type your Admin Password if any made and ENTER or just ENTER
if no admin password is created in this system.
At the Command prompt, type Chkdsk / r and [ENTER] (Note the single space
after "Checkdsk" and before "/r") ]to check the hard disk file system for
errors and repair it

Then when back on Command prompt , type Exit and press [ENTER]reboot.
If this does not solve the BSOD STOP ERROR, repeat the Reapir in Recovery
Consolebut at the command prompt in Recovery Console type "Fixboot"
[without quotes] command instead of "Chkdisk /r" to repair the Boot sector
of your HDD and the EXIT>reboot
Hope this helps.

"huihui" <huihui.2y0l3g@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:huihui.2y0l3g@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> iam using a Fujitsu Lifebook B Series
> and it's only two years old
>
> First, my laptop displays a black screen with the following options
> -Safe Mode
> -Safe Mode with Networking
> -Safe Mode with Command Prompt
> -Last Known Good Configuration
> -Start Windows Normally
>
> and whenever i choose one of the options i get
>
> A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
>> damage to your computer: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"
>> "If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,

> restart
>> your
>> computer."
>> "If this screen appears again, follow these steps:"
>> "Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly

> installed."
>> "If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software

> manufacturer
>> for any Windows updates you might need."
>> "If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware

> or
>> software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing."
>> "If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components,

> restart
>> your
>> computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then

> select
>> Safe
>> Mode."
>> "Technical Information:"
>> "***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82B4A7E0,0x0000009C,0x00000000,0x00000000)"

>
> and i googled how to fix it and didn't really try anything but the
> BIOS
> and now it says 'Realtek RTL8139 somethinggggggg Operation System not
> Found' beside BIOS, everytime i try something like boot menu results in
> OperSystemnofound.
>
> can someone serisously help me, in laymans term, i think that 's the
> phrase. and be really specific for everything and i'll seriously be
> eteranlllllllly grateful. SERIOUSLYYYY, tell my your name, and i 'll
> name my child after youuu.
>
>
> --
> huihui
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>



 
Unread 06-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
peter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found

It seems like your system is trying to boot from a LAN connection.
Check your BIOS options and look for the boot order section....make sure it
is set to boot from the hard drive.
get back to us
peter
"huihui" <huihui.2y0l3g@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:huihui.2y0l3g@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> iam using a Fujitsu Lifebook B Series
> and it's only two years old
>
> First, my laptop displays a black screen with the following options
> -Safe Mode
> -Safe Mode with Networking
> -Safe Mode with Command Prompt
> -Last Known Good Configuration
> -Start Windows Normally
>
> and whenever i choose one of the options i get
>
> A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
>> damage to your computer: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"
>> "If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,

> restart
>> your
>> computer."
>> "If this screen appears again, follow these steps:"
>> "Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly

> installed."
>> "If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software

> manufacturer
>> for any Windows updates you might need."
>> "If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware

> or
>> software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing."
>> "If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components,

> restart
>> your
>> computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then

> select
>> Safe
>> Mode."
>> "Technical Information:"
>> "***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82B4A7E0,0x0000009C,0x00000000,0x00000000)"

>
> and i googled how to fix it and didn't really try anything but the
> BIOS
> and now it says 'Realtek RTL8139 somethinggggggg Operation System not
> Found' beside BIOS, everytime i try something like boot menu results in
> OperSystemnofound.
>
> can someone serisously help me, in laymans term, i think that 's the
> phrase. and be really specific for everything and i'll seriously be
> eteranlllllllly grateful. SERIOUSLYYYY, tell my your name, and i 'll
> name my child after youuu.
>
>
> --
> huihui
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>


 
Unread 06-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
huihui
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found


okkkk, i checked to make sure the sequence thing, and everytime i try to
boot the windows XP CD, i get the "operating system not found" black
screeen.


--
huihui
------------------------------------------------------------------------
huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396

http://forums.techarena.in

 
Unread 06-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #5
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found

During boot look very closely at the screen.
Something like "Press a key to boot from CD"
The message may not be up long and you must press the key in that time
or you can get the message you describe.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"huihui" <huihui.2y1qrf@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:huihui.2y1qrf@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> okkkk, i checked to make sure the sequence thing, and everytime i
> try to
> boot the windows XP CD, i get the "operating system not found" black
> screeen.
>
>
> --
> huihui
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>


 
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #6
huihui
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found


okay during the Fujitsu Logo Screen it says
DEL for something F2 for BIOS F12 for boot menu
i press F12 takes me to the boot menu with choices 1. Hard Drive 2. CD
ROM 3. Floppy 4. Realtek AGENT.
I go to the CD ROM, press option and i get the "Operating System not
Working" screem.


--
huihui
------------------------------------------------------------------------
huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396

http://forums.techarena.in

 
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #7
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found

Yes, 12 for boot menu and then 2 for CD is what you want.

Are you sure the drive works?
Try the Windows XP CD in another drive/computer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"huihui" <huihui.2y27fc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:huihui.2y27fc@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> okay during the Fujitsu Logo Screen it says
> DEL for something F2 for BIOS F12 for boot menu
> i press F12 takes me to the boot menu with choices 1. Hard Drive 2.
> CD
> ROM 3. Floppy 4. Realtek AGENT.
> I go to the CD ROM, press option and i get the "Operating System not
> Working" screem.
>
>
> --
> huihui
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396
>
> http://forums.techarena.in


 
Unread 07-10-2007, 05:58 AM   #8
huihui
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found


okkk, i go the WINDOWS XP CD to boot, and i tried doing what CM told me
to do, but it didn't work.


--
huihui
------------------------------------------------------------------------
huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396

http://forums.techarena.in

 
Unread 09-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #9
huihui
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found


i feel so aloneeeeee.


--
huihui
------------------------------------------------------------------------
huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396

http://forums.techarena.in

 
Unread 09-10-2007, 02:58 AM   #10
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Operating System Not Found

Exactly what does not work?
Have you verified the drive works and the CD is good?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"huihui" <huihui.2y2ijm@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:huihui.2y2ijm@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> okkk, i go the WINDOWS XP CD to boot, and i tried doing what CM told
> me
> to do, but it didn't work.
>
>
> --
> huihui
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> huihui's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32389
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=829396
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>


 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More than one operating system Kevin Windows XP 5 17-09-2007 02:00 AM
Dual operating system Lindsay Windows XP 2 27-08-2007 07:39 PM
How can i back up the whole operating system? OBAFGKM_RNS@yahoo.com Windows Vista All 31 18-08-2007 04:24 AM
Re: Reinstall operating system LauraO Windows XP 2 16-08-2007 06:30 AM
How to set default Operating system noname Windows XP 2 16-08-2007 05:26 AM


< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:07 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional