TechTalkz.com Logo Ask the Experts!

Go Back   TechTalkz.com Technology & Computer Troubleshooting Forums > Tech Support Archives > Microsoft > Windows XP

HOW TO DELETE RUN HISTORY?

Windows XP

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 23-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
Alberto de Oliveira Alves Filho
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
HOW TO DELETE RUN HISTORY?

Hello,

I want to delete the RUN/HISTORY (start/run/history) and I tried using IE
Privacy Keeper and CCleaner but it is not working.
Could you please tell me a command to type in Start/Run to clean the history
or another method?
Im waiting for your feedback.

Thanks in advance.


 
Unread 27-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Mark F.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HOW TO DELETE RUN HISTORY?


"Alberto de Oliveira Alves Filho" <albertoalves@estadao.com.br> wrote in
message news:eVKoGtxyHHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I want to delete the RUN/HISTORY (start/run/history) and I tried using IE
> Privacy Keeper and CCleaner but it is not working.
> Could you please tell me a command to type in Start/Run to clean the
> history or another method?
> Im waiting for your feedback.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>


See #156 on the righ-hand side.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Mark


 
Unread 27-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
Newbie Coder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HOW TO DELETE RUN HISTORY?

Alberto,

Do you mean the START | RUN history or the TYPED URLs in IE? Here are both:

START | RUN | Type 'regedit' (without quotes) & press ENTER

Navigate to:

Typed URLs (IE Address bar):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

START | RUN history:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

---------

Whichever the key mentioned above, highlight it & in the right pane delete all
string keys except Default

Example:

Typed Url's:

url1 http://www.someurl.com <--- delete
url2 http://www.anotherurl.com <--- delete
...

Run History:

a regedit\1 <--- delete
MRUList a <--- delete

Close the registry editor

--
Newbie Coder
(It's just a name)




"Alberto de Oliveira Alves Filho" <albertoalves@estadao.com.br> wrote in message
news:eVKoGtxyHHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I want to delete the RUN/HISTORY (start/run/history) and I tried using IE
> Privacy Keeper and CCleaner but it is not working.
> Could you please tell me a command to type in Start/Run to clean the history
> or another method?
> Im waiting for your feedback.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>



 
Unread 27-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
Phil
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HOW TO DELETE RUN HISTORY?

I use CCleaner and it works for me
Open CCleaner / Windows / Windows Explorer / run(in start menu) is there a check mark here?
 
Unread 27-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #5
Plato
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HOW TO DELETE RUN HISTORY?

Phil wrote:
>
> I use CCleaner and it works for me
> Open CCleaner / Windows / Windows Explorer / run(in start menu) is there a check mark here?





http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?1

For an older version:

http://www.bootdisk.com/plan10/clean12.exe



--
http://www.bootdisk.com/


 
Unread 27-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Newbie Coder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HOW TO DELETE RUN HISTORY?

Plato,

Why on earth use something like C Cleaner when but the time you've installed it
you would have cleaned those entries manually

There is also an excellent tool available specifically for this:

http://www.crouchie.net/downloads/ie_visited_sites.zip

--
Newbie Coder
(It's just a name)






"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message news:46a3ee49$1$98870$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
> Phil wrote:
> >
> > I use CCleaner and it works for me
> > Open CCleaner / Windows / Windows Explorer / run(in start menu) is there a

check mark here?
>
>
>
>
> http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?1
>
> For an older version:
>
> http://www.bootdisk.com/plan10/clean12.exe
>
>
>
> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/
>
>



 
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Delete Browser History samjc Internet Explorer 3 28-08-2007 04:25 PM
How To Delete Browser History samjc Internet Explorer 6 28-08-2007 04:17 PM
How To Delete Browser History samjc Internet Explorer 0 28-08-2007 04:13 PM
IE7 will not delete browser history EGSUPERMEX Internet Explorer 13 28-08-2007 03:45 PM
IE7 will not delete browser history EGSUPERMEX Internet Explorer 2 28-08-2007 03:35 PM


< Home - Windows Help - MS Office Help - Hardware Support >


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 PM.


vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2005-2013, TechTalkz.com. All Rights Reserved - Privacy Policy
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional