Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro reviewed.

john_the_ultimate

Junior Member (25+)
Hi there.
This is my short review of Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro.
Got the stuff from Newegg.com along with AMD64 X2 3800+ (939 pins). The cost being $37.00 (INR 1700.00 approx)for the cooler including shipping and $150.00 (INR 6500.00 approx.) for the CPU. My brother brought in these stuffs from the STATES.

The Box:

Packaging:

The cooler installed:

came pre-applied with Artic Cooling MX-1 thermal compund. The installation was easy since it uses the same retention mechanism as the stock cooler. So no extra backplate to be installed nor the board had to be taken out. But had to take out the graphics card for the installation. There are 6 heat pipes with 42 Aluminium fins to spread the heat. The base is pure copper and it has a 92mm fan installed. As for the manual there is only a single leaflet with instruction but I think it is sufficient.

Another angle:

I am using ASUS A8N-E motherboard and have overclocked the CPU to 2.4GHz from the stock 2.0GHz @ 1.3v. The CPU temperature after two hour of gaming (COD2) was around 44C (load) and the idle temperature being around 38C. The RPM for the fan hovers around 2300-2340. It is very silent, just can't hear any sound even at load. One more thing, the fan connector is sleeved.

Well that's it. Must say that I am very satisfied with the performance of this cooler. One thing to remember that, one must give time for the thermal compound to harden, then it performs at optimum efficiency.

Strider

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't touched such a cooling system yet.. I need to get into modding and OCing fiels too :)

But heard of this before as the quietest cooling fans in the world. :goodjob:

Last edited:

X-Caliber

Ex-Moderator
i wish i had anyone in states now...who would had been able to bring one for me....anyways temperature had never been a problem for me.....though my PC is on 24*7 at times

Sam RuleZ

Senior Member (500+)
John keep updating the overclock(s) that were possible b'coz of this baby. :D
You told naaa that you were going to push it to 2..8GHz????

Gryphon

Just to back up the review - brilliant cooler, v.quiet at low speeds but can get loud after a few hours of cod4 on an overclocked, overvolted amd athlon x2 5200 @ 2.9ghz. (temp idle: 32*c, load: 45*c)