Windows 7 Product Editions Comparison

softhunterdevil

Regular Member (100+)
Confused about which edition of Windows 7 to download ?
Unsure about which edition contains which features ?
Here is simple table comparision between all the confirmed editions of Windows 7.

Windows 7 editions comparision

Back in February, I wrote an article, Windows 7 Product Editions, in which I discussed the various SKUs (stock keeping units, or product editions) that Microsoft would provide with its next operating system. Now, with nearly fully-functional versions of each product edition available to the public, I thought I'd provide a series of tables comparing each Windows 7 product editon, similar in scope to the work I did documenting Windows Vista. It's early yet, and things will no doubt change, so I'll be updating these tables as needed going forward. But even at this early stage, I believe these tables will help you pick which Windows 7 product edition makes the most sense for you, based on your needs and wants. Let's dive right in.

Note: This is a preliminary list. If you see anything missing, or would like to see a certain feature added, please contact me.

Finding what you need

• Availability
  • User interface features
  • Security features
  • Performance features
  • Reliability features
  • Bundled applications
  • Digital media and devices
  • Networking features
  • Mobility features
  • Enterprise features
Windows 7 editions comparision

Chef

Elite Member (1000+)
I just recently download full version of Windows 7 Ultimate, not sure if its any improvement to the beta one, but I will need to clear some hard drive space to install it (lol, I got about 20 Gb free of 1.5TB)

Chef

Elite Member (1000+)
So far so good, for gaming its about as good as it gets. I get about 32.5fps average in Crysis 1048x768 res high detail, vista ultimate SP1 managed 14.2fps, XP Pro SP3 targeted a decent 28fps. So yeah, guess what they promised this time did come true distinctly shown in my benchmarks. I will do some encoding and cdex benchmarks and some 3dmark ones, and will get back to you.

softhunterdevil

Regular Member (100+)
So far so good, for gaming its about as good as it gets. I get about 32.5fps average in Crysis 1048x768 res high detail, vista ultimate SP1 managed 14.2fps, XP Pro SP3 targeted a decent 28fps. So yeah, guess what they promised this time did come true distinctly shown in my benchmarks. I will do some encoding and cdex benchmarks and some 3dmark ones, and will get back to you.

We will be eagerly waiting for benchmark results!!!